westwick help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• westwick help

i have jonathan westwick b.1783, barnard castle, durham to william and elenor westwick. they both are buried in upleatham, north yorkshire. there is a william westwick same parents b.1780, berwick on tweed and a james b.1789, yorks. possible brothers?

there is a marriage in whitehaven, cumberland on 7 nov 1779, between william westwick and eleanor crake. whitehaven is less than 2 hrs from barnard castle. is this possible?

there is a william and eleanor having children in coventry in the 1760's, i am not sure if my westwicks are connected to the rather large family in warwickshire. i don't think it can be the same couple.

any ideas?

kylr
    Last edited by kylejustin; 08-04-12, 14:10.

I think the less than 2 hours is by car!!

On foot it would take a day and a half and by cart or horse probably a day. It's about 80 miles - would seem like the other end of the world in those days.

I don't think it's likely unless you have some other evidence to suggest they went such a long way - what was their occupations? If they did something that required travelling then maybe.

Margaret

Comment

Have you checked the resources available here:
      Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

You might be able to trawl some likely parish register images.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

i have looked on familysearch. thing is all i know of william, is he was a gamekeeper, this is from eleanor's death cert in 1838. jonathan was gamekeeper too i think. it is frustrating not knowing where either originates from. william could be from barnard castle, like all the ancestry trees suggest......but i am not sure if they are right.

Comment

Working...
        X