are these the same people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are these the same people?

I am having trouble putting names to these photos. I know the identity of the person in the newspaper clipping, but I can't tell if the other two photos are of the same person as the clipping or if the other two photos are the same person. I know the clipping isn't the best photo, but I'd really like someone else's opinion. Thanks.

I would say yes to the first two but really not sure about the third pic, my gut instinct says not the same person.
    Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Vivienne View Post
      I would say yes to the first two but really not sure about the third pic, my gut instinct says not the same person.
      That was my reaction. The eyebrows look different, and the jaw of the third one looks heavier.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks, does anyone have a guess when the last two pictures were taken?

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
          Thanks, does anyone have a guess when the last two pictures were taken?
          Might be worth making a start by seeing if you can find out when Hartley was a photographer at that Chicago address. That would give you some time-boundaries?

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

They seem to have been in business between 1877 and 1895.

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
              They seem to have been in business between 1877 and 1895.
              Well that narrows it down a bit for you. You need a fashion expert, now, I think!

Christine

Comment

Working...
              X