Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone help me please???

hi,

i have a relative who is causing me confusion.

henry david hanno born 1854 shouldham norfolk, he then later took his fathers name of thompson.

i have 2 marriages for him - 1st is 1877 in mitford to an elizabeth berwick (who he is with on the 1881 census)
    2nd is in mar 1881 in walworth st marks (london) to Catherine gertrude Gorman (this has come from a parish register which gives his fathers name as valentine thompson - father was john valentine but went as valentine)

DOES this mean he was married to them both at the same time?

I have henry with elizabeth in 1881, 1891 and 1901 BUT i also have him with Catherine in london in 1881 and 1901. in 1891 catherine is with her mum and sister.

there are children for both marriages, but catherine does have a child called valentine.

PLEASE can anyone see if they can make sense of this. my inital thought is that he didnt marry elizabeth BUT on the 1881 census where he is with her, his brother Seth is listed with him.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

I'm still looking at this Amy but thought you might this record of Henry's marriage to Elizabeth.

Comment

I've had a look at the census records now and I don't really think that the Henry with Elizabeth is the same man as the one with Catherine. Elizabeth's husband seems to be a Gardener/Groom born in Norfolk and Catherine's husband is a Tailor born in London.

Jane

Comment

thanks for image, i hadnt got that only the date.

the marriage for catherine and henry states his father is valentine this is whats confusing.

- http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...riages&indiv=1
        **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

I can't really contribute to this thread - but I was drawn to it, because my father was Rector of teh Priory Cross Group in the 1970s, and one of the Parishes was Shouldham. We ended up with the parish registers in Fincham Rectory (which was a wonderful house in which to be at home).

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
          X