World War 1 Service info required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War 1 Service info required

Am trying to find a William Hogarth Scott born Nov 1893 at Causewayside, Edinburgh who enlisted in Lothians and Border horse 20 / 1/ 1915. Demobbed in England 1/8/1919 having served in three regiments (!?) 2nd Lothian & Border Horse, 3rd Royal Scots, 2nd Gloucesters. His service number was 32682.

Many thanks in advance of any help.
    hscott21c

Searching: Buxey, Taulbut, Brown/e & Jannaway - Hampshire.

Sorry, nothing is coming up for William on the British Army Service Records.

Margaret

Comment

His medal card is shown on TNA - http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/d...&resultcount=1
      - which gives two regimental numbers -
      Royal Scots - 32682
      Gloucestershire Regiment - 31742

Using 31742 to search on Ancestry - presuming it's the same man, another medal card (? different one) shows up with a further regimental number of 22017

Do you have access to Ancestry to search the British Army Service & Pension records, using all of these regimental numbers?

Elaine

Comment

Elaine and Margaret, Thanks so much for your help. Have tried in vain to use the National Archives site, but suspect the war service records have been destroyed. In short, despite instructions on TNA I never found any information came up on the information I put in as a search. You must have a lot more experience or know how than me!

However with your help I will now have a try on Ancestry for medal card info.
        hscott21c

Searching: Buxey, Taulbut, Brown/e & Jannaway - Hampshire.

Comment

Apart from the medal card, I cannot see anything else on Ancestry which relates to three regimental numbers.
          Elaine

Comment

He comes up in a search in the Glos Regiment database here , but whether they would have any further info on him I don't know.

The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
            Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

He comes up in a search in the Glos Regiment database here , but whether they would have any further info on him I don't know.
              Very unlikely they would have more info. As far as I know the database started as a private collection, and it seems that they don't have access to more detailed records. It's worth asking, but don't hold too many hopes! Several people I'm researching are on there, and I know more than they do (just through medal cards and other research).

scuda
              Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Working...
              X