Grant to estate question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grant to estate question?

Anybody know about people who die intestate?

If a claim has been put in and you get this message what exactly does it mean ? thanks

I note from the information you have provided that your clients father **** survived the deceased having died in **** As such his estate would have a prior claim to the estate of *************** Please let me know if a grant was taken out to his estate and provide a sealed copy".

It means that as your father was still alive when the intestate estate became available he was the first inheritor before you and they need to see what your father said about his assets on his death. The money from the intestate estate would go to him first then down to whoever he left his money to.

If your father died without a will then that is all you need to say, otherwise you need to send details of his will and the probate.

Margaret
    Last edited by margaretmarch; 06-04-12, 12:41.

Comment

Thanks very much Margaret as far as I know he had nothing when he died and certainly did not leave a will in fact he was found dying in his car which he had been sleeping in for weeks and a lady he had worked for even paid for his funeral as she knew nothing about his family.
      The ironic thing is he hated the Welsh ? amongst others, dont know why but he was a nasty man ,and the woman had him buried in Merthyr Tydfil because he had told her he liked her cottage there.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
        Thanks very much Margaret as far as I know he had nothing when he died and certainly did not leave a will in fact he was found dying in his car which he had been sleeping in for weeks and a lady he had worked for even paid for his funeral as she knew nothing about his family.
        The ironic thing is he hated the Welsh ? amongst others, dont know why but he was a nasty man ,and the woman had him buried in Merthyr Tydfil because he had told her he liked her cottage there.
        Oh that's sad Val. In that case you can just tell the Treasury Solicitor or whoever is dealing with this for you that there were no assets, will or probate, if you have the details of the death then I'd send those so they can check if they wish.

Margaret
        Last edited by margaretmarch; 06-04-12, 14:53.

Comment

thanks Margaret I already sent the cert weeks ago , thats why I was surprised they only just asked about it ??

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            thanks Margaret I already sent the cert weeks ago , thats why I was surprised they only just asked about it ??
            I expect the questionnaire from the Treasury Solicitor was not completed correctly to show the position ref your father.

Margaret

Comment

seems to me a lot wasn't done right ???

Comment

Working...
              X