familysearch survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• familysearch survey

familysearch will flag you down to do a survey while on their site. it is relatively simple, asks if you'd recommend them to someone else, and then give your reasons for it. they didn't ask what they could improve on though.

i find it great they constantly update localities no one has online, but they never have the areas in countries i need. like germany, they have a tonne of wurtemburg, bavaria and westphalen records. but i don't have rellies from there!

i hate it that you can't find out what towns/cities are covered, and what dates either. it's simply 'search the records to find out'. i don't like putting in names for half an hour, only to learn they didn't update anything useful!

rant over lol
    Last edited by kylejustin; 03-04-12, 13:54.

Customer satisfaction surveys are a requirement in the US these days. I've received (by mail) a survey regarding a cash withdrawal from my bank. Seriously? But it seems that's how justification for services and employees is made these days.

Kyle, familysearch seems to be working thru the Family History Library catalog. So, if you search the catalog by place, and don't find any BMD records for the one you're interested in, I doubt you'll see an indexing project for it.

familysearch has also entered partnerships with other entities. I think those entities continue to hold the records, but familysearch provides an index. I know when I'm indexing, there is an information link to familysearch partners. It lists many around the world.

Comment

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

This is a list of all collections held by Familysearch and gives the latests updates, I love the site and lots of use of it helps you find the best ways of finding things on there.

Edna

Comment

A list of current indexing projects (including some German):

and indexing partners:

Comment

Working...
        X