Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 help please

hi,

please can someone help me try and locate my great grandfather (and his 1st wife) on the 1911 census. i cant find them.

arthur lynes thompson born 1877 south runcton, norfolk and his wife emma jane thompson nee crockford born 1875 denver, norfolk. i believe tehre may be children as i know they had 5 boys but no idea of names or dates (was told this by his daughter from 2nd marriage - which was in 1940's)

previous census he was in downham or south runcton.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

i think this could be him:

HOUSEHOLD THOMPSON ARTHUR TINETH M 1880 31 Swaffham Norfolk

taken from 1911 website, but i have no credits on there and i'm not paying for records that i can now get free!

Comment

sent by pm
      ...... married 11 years. no children.
      Last edited by Janet H.; 02-04-12, 19:07.

Comment

Your blokes birth was registered 1877/ Qtr 1.

Name far from unique in the area at the time.
        I cannot see any Thompson/Crockford births after 1911 either

He did well, ;)if he produced more children after he remarried in the 1940's ( Amy Bland 19042 stirs my memory)
        Last edited by Jessbowbag; 03-04-12, 06:22.
        Jess

Comment

in 1911 with Albert Tineth Thompson appears to be an Emma Jane Thompson and an Alber(t) Baden Powel Thompson, born 1901

Swaffham district
          Last edited by Jessbowbag; 03-04-12, 08:07.
          Jess

Comment

Albert Baden Powel Thompson is listed as nephew born Finsbury London in 1901
            also listed is Robert Whiteman a boarder horseman on farm.

Comment

the marriage for Arthur to Emma Jane was in 1900 Oct qtr at Downham Norfolk.

she doesnt appear on any census (using fmp)

Comment

looked on A****ry,
                she is on the 1881 and the 1891 census !

Comment

thank you. it was only 1911 i couldnt find them on. and as for the children they seem a mystery! apparently there was 5 boys but i cant find them, and nan cant remember their names etc.

jess, yes amy rose bland was his 2nd wife. and he had his last child in 1944 (that is assuming they were his at his old age! but certs name him as father).

Comment

Originally posted by yummy-mummy-amy View Post
                    thank you. it was only 1911 i couldnt find them on. and as for the children they seem a mystery! apparently there was 5 boys but i cant find them, and nan cant remember their names etc.

jess, yes amy rose bland was his 2nd wife. and he had his last child in 1944 (that is assuming they were his at his old age! but certs name him as father).
                    How do you know birth certs have him as father if you don't know who they are???

Can't see any births surname Thompson with mmn Bland in Norfolk in 1940s - several in the Durham area.

Margaret

Comment

The only Amy Rose Bland marriage I can see is in 1904 West Ham and none of the spouses are Albert.

Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                        The only Amy Rose Bland marriage I can see is in 1904 West Ham and none of the spouses are Albert.

Margaret
                        he was arthur not albert, i have the marriage cert of amy rose and him, and i have doreen, fred and margarets birth certs that list him as father - margaret was born 1944. i dont know who any of the 5 boys are that were from his qst marriage.

Amy rose was born 1904 west ham, they married in 1942 in ely
                        Last edited by yummy-mummy-amy; 07-04-12, 14:23.

Comment

Sorry I meant Arthur :( and of course was well off beam with that suggestion anyway!

They both did well then as regards children as she was 38 when she started and he was 65 !!

Margaret
                          Last edited by margaretmarch; 07-04-12, 17:00.

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                            Sorry I meant Arthur :( and of course was well off beam with that suggestion anyway!

They both did well then as regards children as she was 38 when she started and he was 65 !!

Margaret

yes. as i say IF they were arthurs even though hes listed as father. her 1st child she was 16, then 19 and went on from there. she was actually pregnant whn she died in 1953 (according to death cert)

Comment

Originally posted by yummy-mummy-amy View Post
                              yes. as i say IF they were arthurs even though hes listed as father. her 1st child she was 16, then 19 and went on from there. she was actually pregnant whn she died in 1953 (according to death cert)
                              I think I'm being thick here but if she was born in 1904 and married in 1942 she was 38 - did she have children before the marriage? By 1953 she would be 49 so some age to be pregnant although not unheard of - very unusual even in those days.

Margaret

Comment

I'm really puzzled with what you have said so was looking for births for Thompson with Bland as the mmn. I can see Margaret in 1944 but no Doreen or Fred. Were they born in Cambridgeshire?

Margaret
                                Last edited by margaretmarch; 08-04-12, 18:26.

Comment

Working...
                                X