Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family Tree Maker - Can you make deceased people private?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree Maker - Can you make deceased people private?

I decided to ask for FTM 2012 as an early birthday present... (primarily so I can use the iPad app when I visit the RO)...

The only trouble is that I have deceased people in my tree that I'd rather keep private can you do this on Ancestry or in FTM?

TIA

Beth

In FTM ..
    With your cursor on the person you wish to make private - click on the PERSON tab at top left of page.
    On the right hand side of the next page, in the section under the person's name, you will see an OPTIONS drop down menu. One of the options is MARK AS PRIVATE.
    I haven't used it but it looks as if it might be what you are looking for.
    Elaine

Comment

Thank Elaine, I'll give it a go now...

Comment

Just a quick check... could you let me know what information you can see for this person, please?....

Comment

A birth and death date and place - but no name ???

have done a screenshot which I will PM to you!
          Elaine

Comment

ON FTM - click on the PERSON tab again
            If you want to make birth/death date private, then right click on the fact in the listing of INDIVIDUAL FACTS (in the main part of the page) - there is an option there to make each fact private, when you have done that it shows a padlock next to each fact (at left hand side)
            Does that help ???
            Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine... I'm going to carry on with my fiddling around! :D

Comment

Working...
              X