Windows 7 - hard disk plus email question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 - hard disk plus email question

1. I notice that on my new laptop with Windows 7 that the Hard Drive/Disk is partioned into 'C' for Programmes and 'D' Saving work.

Is this normal? Or can I convert it to one whole Disk i.e. just 'C'

2. I have two email addresses one is gmail but the other is another provider but I cannot find a means of accessing this. I used to use Windows Mail - any advice please.

Many thanks.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

The Drive D: on a laptop is a back-up drive that contains the laptops system drivers etc etc ... so not really used for saving work etc
    you can convert it into one drive ...but i personally wouldn't advise it.

Emails ..... you can use "Windows Live mail" to read/access any email account.

hope that helped
    Carl

Comment

Carl,
      Thankyou for the information very helpful. The thing that worries me most is this C/D split. Windows 7 is showing 'C' Used 38.5 Free 138.0GB and 'D' is showing 256 GB empty.
      This is how it came I have not added anything as yet.
      What is going to happen to the space on 'C' as I am unlikely to use much of it I only have MS Office Student to put on it. Can I save Documents to it? It was a larger hard disc that I required. I backup to an external Hard Drive.

Is window live the same as Windows Mail as I hope to use my TT on that as my addresses are used for different thi
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Windows live mail is different to windows mail ..

Yes you can save documents to drive :D just create a folder to save your work to ..and bobs your uncle ..

Comment

Working...
        X