Missing on the 1871

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing on the 1871

Have scoured both find my past and ancestry but I just cannot find this family. In 1870 George Brewerton is born at 12 Union North Terrace, Byker, Newcastle. His parents are Samuel and Amelia. Samuel c1832 was born in London. He dies in 1873 at Union East Terrace. Have done address search on 1871 for both places. Samuel is a Match Maker. There is another son Samuel 1861 also born in London. There may be a sister Margaret. Would be very grateful if someone could find them. Many thanks in advance.
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Not having much luck with this I am afraid! :(
    Elaine

Comment

Can't see them at 12 Union North Terrace having trawled through the images. I think you need to trawl through the whole of Byker to be sure they are not there under some badly transcribed name or given the name of the family above by mistake.
      Margaret

Comment

Many thanks for trying for me. I have been looking for a while and hoped that fresh eyes would find something I had missed. I think they must have been missed off for some reason.
        Searching for:
        English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Hi
          I found them in 1881 ref RG11-5066-137-27 Surname Brerreton
          Amelia with children Samuel, Margaret, Mary Ann and George

Amelia is with Mary Ann in 1891, but no sign in 1871
          dave

Comment

Many thanks for that info Dave.
            Searching for:

Comment

they are not at 12 Union North Terrace Byker,
              below is the occupants:

Nicholson Thomas 22 Head Engine Fitter At Works Carlisle, Cumberland RG10/5105/F? CD2 R10_5105.pdf p.186
              Nicholson Mary 24 Wife Newcastle On Tyne, - RG10/5105/F? CD2 R10_5105.pdf p.186
              Nicholson Alfred 1 Son Newcastle On Tyne, - RG10/5105/F? CD2 R10_5105.pdf p.186
              Nicholson John J 2 M Son Gateshead, Durham RG10/5105/F? CD2 R10_5105.pdf p.186
              Robert Purnell

Comment

Since you specify a birth address for George I assume you must have the birth certificate? Only I can't find him in FreeBMD.
                People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
                Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

Sorry, missed these replies. I was sent a copy of the birth cert and a copy of the death cert. I want to find Samuel to see where abouts in London he says he was born. All very frustrating.
                  Searching for:

Comment

Working...
                  X