George Crump 1842 - 1894

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Crump 1842 - 1894

Hi. Can anyone help me with this please?

George Crump died in 1894 in Poplar

In 1891 he is living with his family in Quickett Street, Bromley aged 49 & born in Kent Chatham

In 1881 George & his family are living in Baldwin Street Finsbury.Now he is born in Stepney & aged 39

In 1871 George, wife & 2 daughters are living in Rahere Street, Finsbury. George was born “at sea”, now aged 29.
    His eldest son Frank George is staying with his Aunt (believe it to be nephew & not Grandson) Mary Ann Crump in Charlton Kent.

As you can see, I don't know if he was born in Chatham,Stepney or At Sea & I don’t know who Mary Ann is. Her age is a bit difficult to read 22/28 (?) and she was born in Stepney and married.

I have found these other census returns which could be a possibility but there is no Mary Ann.

In 1861 aboard the ship Greyhound, born in Chatham & 19years 3 months old.
    In 1851 he is with his Mother Ann, & Grandparents Anna & James Perkins living in Bethnal Green.Born in Charlton Kent
    There is a Baptism for a George Crump born January 1842. His father is Francis Crump, a Mariner, Mother Anna Smith Perkins.

Any advice on where I go from here would be much appreciated. If only I knew who Mary Ann is.
    Thank you. Pauline

Pauline

One of my cousins has Crump in her family tree and they came from around that area - I will email her and see if she knows anything about this family and get back to you.
    Looking for: Bassick/Beswick in Lancashire, Wolverhampton, Durham - Bradshaw & Drage in Bozeat & London - Rainbow, Strange, Maginess, Northcote, Thompson, Bartlett & Wheeler in London - Harrington, Gusterson & Sach in Essex

Comment

Thanks Elaine. I appreciate that. Pauline

Comment

george's marriage cert will give you a father's name and occupation. this in turn will tell you if the baptism is correct, and help with a birth registration.

Comment

George probably did marry before the birth of his first child, Frank George Crump in 1867 but I just cannot find a marriage certificate for him. George's 'wife' is Susan Perry ( from their daughter's birth certificate).

Pauline

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine59- View Post
            Pauline

One of my cousins has Crump in her family tree and they came from around that area - I will email her and see if she knows anything about this family and get back to you.
            Hi Elaine

Did your cousin know anything about my Crump family?

Pauline

Comment

Hello Pauline,

am a little bit confused as to what you are trying to do here, is it go back on Georges side? or find out who Mary Ann is? or both.
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by paulbob View Post
                George probably did marry before the birth of his first child, Frank George Crump in 1867 but I just cannot find a marriage certificate for him. George's 'wife' is Susan Perry ( from their daughter's birth certificate).

Pauline
                what occupation did George have from this birth cert please, the reason I ask is that there appears to be TWO George Crumps with a wife called Susan, and they both were born in Kent in 1842.
                Julie

Comment

Hi Julie

I am happy with the census returns 1891/1881/1871 and in 1861 there is a George Crump 'at sea'. George's son Frank George Crump was born in 1867 and I am sure he is with an Aunt Mary Ann in Charlton,Kent ( as he isn't with his parents). From 1871 George onwards he is a Plumber ( same as his death certificate & daughter's birth certificate)

I want to go back further on George's side. If I look at the 1851 census there is a George Crump with a sister Adela but no MaryAnn. I thought if I could identify her then that would help me going back with George. I am assuming that she would be his sister.

The other George married Susan Elizabeth Agnes Guttridge in Clerkenwell in 1864.

Hope I haven't confused things even more !

Pauline

Comment

hmmn

on the 1871 it gives mary ann as married, so her maiden name would not be Crump, so this indicates that if she is an aunt to Frank then she looks to have married a brother to George. (it does actually state that Frank is nephew on the image, but I have a sneaking feeling that he may be her son and not nephew, just to cover her tracks)

have to nip out in this flippin snow, be back in a while.
                    Julie

Comment

Hi Julie
                      Do you think that it would be a good idea for me to send for the Birth Certificate for young Frank ? I didn't think of Mary Ann as his mother !! That could then help me locate the correct Crump family. There's only one Frank George Crump born in 1867 ( Clerkenwell).( Strange that the other George Crump married in Clerkenwell).

Comment

not sure at the moment Pauline,

I have just found Franks marriage to a Mary Ann BOULTER.. in 1887, gives his father as George a plumber.. presumably you have this info?

Julie

Comment

have you seen Franks 1911 census Pauline? his mother Susan is with him, and so is his brother Henry...

Julie

Comment

Yes Julie, I do have his mc & 1911 census.

Comment

hmmn have you tried looking for Henry/tracking him with mother Susan father George?
                              Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                                hmmn have you tried looking for Henry/tracking him with mother Susan father George?
                                scratch that!! I have just found the 1871.. with Nelly on it, and nothing likely showing for George, though funnily enough there IS a birth reg for Susan Crump..
                                Julie

Comment

Can you tell me which year & district?

Comment

In 1851 he is with his Mother Ann, & Grandparents Anna & James Perkins living in Bethnal Green.Born in Charlton Kent
                                    There is a Baptism for a George Crump born January 1842. His father is Francis Crump, a Mariner, Mother Anna Smith Perkins.
                                    there is also a Bapt for the sister Adela too, with same parents and same address as the 51 census.

it is possible that this is the right line you are on, need to do a bit of searching though at the moment.
                                    Julie

Comment

Originally posted by paulbob View Post
                                      Can you tell me which year & district?

for Susan you mean?

Julie

Comment

Francis & Annas marriage

gives his father as Keith Crump a printer, hers as James Perkins (Dec'd)
                                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                                        X