Photobucket help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photobucket help please

We seem to have 'lost' an SD card with photos of our Sydney trip but at least I have them in Photobucket.

Unfortunately we don't know how to retrieve them back in the usual sizing.
    When I originally put them in to PB I know that I asked for them to be resized to smaller so I can post them onto FTF threads.
    That was so long ago now that I can't even remember how I did that.........:o

What we want to do, is to copy the piccies we have in PB back into 'my pictures' on our computer.

Can anyone please advise how we can do this and have them back to the correct sizing as I want to make them into a Blurb book.
    Thankyou......
    Last edited by Val and George; 25-03-12, 00:45.

Not sure if you can make them bigger without them being blurred, but I right clicked on the particular photo in photobucket, filed it and then opened it up with my viewer (in my case, Irfanviewer). I was able to make it a bit bigger, not not greatly. Good luck Val
    jood sadly died in November 2019.

Comment

Sorry Val I have no idea and I did that resizing in download settings on PB if that helps but like you that was years ago and all the changes they have made well I'm still struggling with them.

MACPANDA'S FAMILY **Please click in**

Comment

Thanks Jood, but that is what happened to us - they went blurry.
        There must be a way to transfer them back to our computer to they way they were when we first transferred them over to PB.

Fingers crossed someone else out there knows how to do it.
        Thanks too Panda
        Last edited by Val and George; 26-03-12, 01:49.

Comment

Val, I found this in the 'help' section of PB. What I can't find out is whether, if you change to 'Pro" (which I think you have to pay for), you can retrieve your old photos in original size

"Upload options allow you to choose the pixel size that your images are resized to when you upload them. The resized images display in your albums and are called "web-size". These are the images you link to and share.
          • Free accounts: You ONLY have web-size images.
          • Pro accounts: You have web-size images and your ORIGINAL size images (which may be high resolution). Your account displays the web-size images, and your original image of up to 20MB is saved "behind the scenes", but you can view or download it at any time. See the "Original size images" section in Pro Accounts for details.
          You can change your upload options at any time.'

I've had another look at the Help page....I doubt if it will be possible to retrieve your piccies at the resolution you want :(
          Last edited by Macbev; 26-03-12, 02:49.

Beverley

Comment

Val - I have Pro, but have never taken the originals back to my computer.

I'm pretty sure that whatever size you upload, the program only takes the number of pixels
            to make that size in photobucket (unless a pro account) so it doesn't have the original size in the free account.

Comment

Val,
              I transferred a PB album to Windows Live Photo Gallery and then clicked on to a required photo.

This does not appear to alter the resolution. Only drawback at the moment is that the print comes

out as a full A4 pic. which you may not want.
              Last edited by grumpy; 26-03-12, 05:03.
              Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Oh thanks folks - I'll give all those suggestions a try

Comment

Working...
                X