Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know what this means please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know what this means please?

On a census page, underneath my family it says - SEE NOTE 75A PAGE 15.

So I scrolled through the pages (from 12) to 15 but there is no note.

Any advice please?
    Last edited by Granny Lynne; 24-03-12, 13:03.
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Can you give the link to the census page, Lynne?
    Elaine

Comment

It's FMP Elaine and here is the link:-

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/CensusSh...5123&desc=1881 Census <br>MEAD, Herbert<br>PRESTWICH, Lancashire<br>RG11 piece 4013 folio 68 page 11 &free=N&loc=H&u=40130115&l=22&s=0&a=0

Ooops, wrong page, this is the one, note is underneath the first name:-

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/CensusSh...5123&desc=1881 Census <br>38 & 36, Lime St, Newton<br>Prestwich<br>RG11 piece 4013 folio 68 page 12 &free=N&poorQuality=N&loc=&u=0&l=0&s=0&a=401305 28
      Last edited by Granny Lynne; 24-03-12, 13:25.
      Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

I wonder what it looks like on Ancestry? Who are we looking for please Lynne?
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
          I wonder what it looks like on Ancestry? Who are we looking for please Lynne?

I think it just means that they listed the folks who lived at No. 42 Lime Street (i.e. the Mead family), but then forgot to list the folks at No. 40, so they added them into the end of the list.

Or sumfink like that.

STG
          Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Sorry for delay Chrissie, I have been busy looking for another family.

It's James Mead, aged 5, living at 42 Lime Street, Manchester.

I think I now know what it means though, I hadn't realisd there is a number 40 underneath 42 with no names and the note is against that. No 40 is listed on Page 15. Sorry if I have wasted anyone's time with this.

Note to self - I must look properly before asking for help!
            Lynne

Comment

Sorry, see I got back too late. At least it's solved now Lynne
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
              X