Irish look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish look up please

Hi All, A friend has just found out that her Mum was born in Dublin and NOT in Birmingham as she thought.
    So we are looking for a Kathleen Murray (or Caulfield) born Sept 1931.
    Thanks..... John

I wonder if she is still living and we are not allowed to discuss this before I answer the query??
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by herky View Post
      I wonder if she is still living and we are not allowed to discuss this before I answer the query??
      Of course, I apologise I should have thought of that.
      No she is no longer with us.
      Thanks John

Comment

Does Kathleen have a middle name/initial - just to narrow things down?
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Does Kathleen have a middle name/initial - just to narrow things down?
          Thanks,asked the question...middle name Theresa......John

Comment

Okay - that helps a lot as most have middle initials.
            I will list a few and see what you think.
            2 in 1931
            Kathleen T Murray b 3 Q 1931, Dublin North, mother's maiden name Maguire, Vol., 2 page 342

Kathleen T Murray, 2 Q 1931, Castleblayney, mmn Mcrory, vol., 3 page 35

2 in 1932
            Kathleen T Murray, b c 3 Q, 1932, Dublin North, mmn Baxter, vol., 2 page 274
            Kathleen T Murray, b c 3 Q, 1932, Donegal, mmn Mckenna, vol., 2 page 17

If any are yours then let me know and I will double check the info.
            herky

Comment

Oh - another one close to the date with middle initial T
              Kathleen T Murray, b c 4Q 1932, Brandon, mmn O'Keefe, vol., 5 page 7
              herky

Comment

Thanks, I Will forward these on and see.
                Ta.....John

PS Do you need a special sub to access the Irish records ?
                I ask because I have Irish ancestry but have never been able to follow that line.

Comment

I have world wide ancestry, that is where I got these - not sure if the records are on the other subs of ancestry.
                  herky

Comment

Originally posted by john_harvey View Post
                    Thanks, I Will forward these on and see.
                    Ta.....John

PS Do you need a special sub to access the Irish records ?
                    I ask because I have Irish ancestry but have never been able to follow that line.
                    I think you get the Irish Records with Ancestry.co.uk Premium sub. Not sure what site you are referring to when you say Irish Ancestry.
                    Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                      I think you get the Irish Records with Ancestry.co.uk Premium sub. Not sure what site you are referring to when you say Irish Ancestry.
                      Margaret
                      Hi, I have ancestry & FMP sub's but whenever I search for Irish results I still get English ones...John
                      Last edited by john_harvey; 23-03-12, 16:12.

Comment

Can you check the home page on Ancestry - I use the "Old Search"
                        There is a small box under "year range" and you may have ticked it by mistake for UK records only - just possible.
                        herky

Comment

Can you check the home page on Ancestry - I use the "Old Search"
                          There is a small box under "year range" and you may have ticked it by mistake for UK records only - just possible.
                          Argh !... That's been there all that time and I didn't know ! (totally embarrassed)
                          John :-)
                          Last edited by john_harvey; 23-03-12, 18:06.

Comment

Working...
                          X