FMP lookup please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP lookup please

I want to see who lived in the house that I was born in. I wonder if someone could see how far back from and including 1911 that the house is on the census.
    If they could give me the names of the people living there I can look on Ancestry and print out all the details. Am I right in saying that I cant search by address on Ancestry.
    The address is 13 Maryon Road, Charlton London SE7.
    I hope it is not too long winded for anyone
    Thank you
    Ann

I dont have FMP but I found it on The Genealogist. Which bit would you like me to look at?

Maryon Road Charlton Woolwich Piece 562
    Ivy House Lower Maryon Road Charlton Woolwich Piece 562
    Lower Maryon Road Charlton Woolwich Piece 562
    St Thomas Rectory Maryon Road Charlton Woolwich Piece 562

Comment

This was no 13 in 1901

Louisa Grocock 13 Lower Maryon Road Charlton Woolwich Piece 562
      William J Gidden 13 Maryon Road Charlton Woolwich Piece 562

Comment

And 2 census sheets but I dont think I can put those on here

Comment

Laura Grocock 13 Lower Maryon Road Charlton Woolwich Piece 527
          John C Woollatt 13 Maryon Road Charlton Woolwich Piece 527

Comment

Louisa Grocock 13 Lower Maryon Road Charlton next Woolwich Woolwich Piece 740

Anne Thomas 13 Lower Maryon Road Charlton Woolwich Piece 774

Nothing earlier

I will attempt to PM you the census if you want
            Last edited by Debbss; 21-03-12, 15:02.

Comment

Thank you Debbss
              It was always just Maryon Road to me. It was a long road so I think the Lower bit was further down.
              I can look at the census now and see what these people did, so dont worry about putting it on here
              I am very grateful
              Kind Regards
              Ann

Comment

Yes it says Maryon Road and Lower Maryon Road, however when you click on it they ALL say 'Lower'!

You are most welcome, its nice to be of use to someone for a change :o

Comment

It is amazing to look back to 1891 ans see a man living on his own means, with his wife, 2 children and a servant in the house I was born in.
                  When I was born it was when families lived together, though not always by choice. There were at least 14 at one time in this huge house.
                  I know this is not a question but I just wanted to share my feeling.

Comment

I get very distracted by the social history side of this and go off in huge tangents when I find something of interest like this. After I looked at yours I then spent a couple of hours doing the same for some of my addresses, as that was the first time I had used that type of search! Lol!

At this rate I will take a lifetime to get anywhere ;)

Comment

While you do this try to imagine how they looked and dressed. You walked where they did.
                      I can still see this huge room with gas mantles and wooden shutters around a bay window and big steps up to the front door.
                      Then they knocked it down and built flats.
                      Going off to think about this over a hot stove

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Oldie View Post
                        While you do this try to imagine how they looked and dressed. You walked where they did.
                        I can still see this huge room with gas mantles and wooden shutters around a bay window and big steps up to the front door.
                        Then they knocked it down and built flats.
                        Going off to think about this over a hot stove
                        That's what I feel about old furniture and household items - who used this table and sat here having a cup or tea, what were they doing/thinking, was their life on the up/down - it's fascinating if you let your imagination wander.
                        Margaret

Comment

Working...
                        X