'British by Parentage'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'British by Parentage'

Can someone have a look at this and give me your opinions as to what it means?

I haven't seen it before. Does it imply that the parents were maybe NOT British?

Many thanks

Debs

I think they just misunderstood the question. Instead of leaving it blank, they just read the 'nationality' part of the heading & then chose the most appropriate answer from those offered.
    Glen

Comment

Thank you, I see that now

Comment

Normally 'British by Parentage' would have implied that the person was not born in Britain, but that his/her parents were. In this case, I reckon that you've already got the answer, above.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
        X