Family Tree Maker for Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree Maker for Mac

Hi I am using FTM on my computer in-sync with my tree on Ancestry, I have downloaded and set up sync but when I add people to my online tree they do not appear on FTM on my computer, my understanding is which ever is worked on both end up identical?
    micwood
    Last edited by micwood; 18-03-12, 11:43.

I haven't been brave enough to start again with a proper Mac genealogy programme, so I'll be interested to keep an eye on this thread.

I'd agree that the sync process should leave the two versions identical - unless there's [a] some kind of option which you've ticked to make them different (e.g. suppressing names online for people born less than 100 years ago) or [b] there's a time-lag in the online version appearing updated.

Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 18-03-12, 15:08.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks, Does not appear to be an option, still looking, or maybe as you suggest a time-lag I will leave as it is for a while and see if they update.
      micwood

Comment

I'm more techie-minded than many, but it's all empirical - no real training - so my suggestions may not carry much force. I'm just trying to imagine why such a discrepancy would happen.

Have you asked about this on any of the techie Mac forums?

Christine
        Last edited by Christine in Herts; 18-03-12, 16:10.
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Have the question with Ancestry tech at the moment, hopefully will sort it.
          micwood

Comment

That is not just a Mac problem but have same on pc version, sometimes have to enter on pc info manually to get them to match. It does work pretty well but its still not a perfect system, there is for me another small problem, it often shows an extra marriage and have to manually get rid off.

Comment

Ancestry Tech not a lot of help 'refer to help documents', I think it may be an intermittent problem as I was adding people on the website this morning and they were updated on FMT automatically, but there is still a lower number of people on FMT than on the website, when there are 1200 + on the website list it takes a while to check which are missing.

Comment

I am using FTM Mac2. Yesterday I had my tree uploaded and synced ok. Just looked now and appears on the mac as not synced. Aggggghhhhhhh
                Sue ;)

Comment

Another problem I have come across is with FTM mac2, I now have FTM and Ancestry synced (number of people different by 8) when I open or close FTM the sync log shows new entries to be added to site and if I click ok when I go to site I find a number of double entries, still trying to get round this problem, at the moment I am cancelling sync which is annoying if there are updates on website tree.

Micwood

Comment

Working...
                  X