Cant make out the cause of death ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant make out the cause of death ?

Does the cause of death simply say "premature birth" ?
    I cant quite make it out ?
    Regards......John

John

It certainly looks like it to me, doesn't it?
    Interested in the following:CRUSH from Essex and London; YOUNG from Wanstead Essex and East London; HODSON from Chester; and GERAGHTY/GERRITY from Chester and Co Mayo

Comment

looks like that to me too John
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks, Well that makes the three of us...that will do for me
        John

Comment

I think the confusion might be that it seems to say "(1) Premature birth". By 1919 it was quite common to make a list of the reasons for the death. Maybe the registrar was so accustomed to making a list he forot he only had one item.

Anne

Comment

For future reference, I believe that you need to use a cropped image for a certificate when you post it up to (relatively) public view, in order not to breach Crown copyright.

Christine
            Last edited by Christine in Herts; 18-03-12, 16:28.
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
              For future reference, I believe that you need to use a cropped image for a certificate when you post it up to (relatively) public view, in order not to breach Crown copyright.

Christine
              Thanks everyone.
              Christine, Thanks I didnt realise that was the case.....John

Comment

Originally posted by john_harvey View Post
                Thanks everyone.
                Christine, Thanks I didnt realise that was the case.....John
                I'm only as aware as I am, because of seeing it remarked upon on this forum. We have one or two people with the relevant expertise, who can advise us on how much of something you can show without it breaching copyright. And the site has a general policy of trying not to breach other people's rights (including T&Cs of other sites).

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Just as a matter of interest John. Are you on the same Photobucket that many of us are on? The reason I ask is that when I click on your link it says 'This is a malicious website and has been blocked by Norton for your security'!!

I agree about the cert Christine. It has always been my understanding that only cropped images are allowed. When it comes to census I believe that the link is ok because unless you are a member of Ancestry you can't open it. It's copy and pasting that isn't allowed. If I have this all wrong I'm sure someone will come along soon and tell me ;):D
                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                    Just as a matter of interest John. Are you on the same Photobucket that many of us are on? The reason I ask is that when I click on your link it says 'This is a malicious website and has been blocked by Norton for your security'!!

I agree about the cert Christine. It has always been my understanding that only cropped images are allowed. When it comes to census I believe that the link is ok because unless you are a member of Ancestry you can't open it. It's copy and pasting that isn't allowed. If I have this all wrong I'm sure someone will come along soon and tell me ;):D
                    Hi Chrissie, That's strange about the photobucket error message ?
                    I assume I am on the same photobucket account as everyone else ? (I use www.photobucket.com)
                    John

Comment

This is the one that I go on John - http://photobucket.com/ So not sure whether it's different or not. Very odd.
                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                        This is the one that I go on John - http://photobucket.com/ So not sure whether it's different or not. Very odd.
                        Hmmm very strange indeed...Just clicked on your link and it is the same site....

Comment

Working...
                        X