IRISH Watch and Clock makers ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRISH Watch and Clock makers ????

Can anyone give me information about Irish Watch and Clockmakers of about 1825 onwards. My Great Great Grandfather HUGH HALL COCHRAN was a watch and Clock maker from Lurgan. Northern Ireland. but I can't find any mention of him in or around lurgan. I have recently bought a long case clock made and signed by him. signed H.H.Cochran

Lurgan.

Also I know of 2 other people who own one of his clocks, but never any mention of him.

I would also love to find who his parents were. I think his father was Edward Cochran from Belfast who was also a watch maker but can't find any trace of his mother

Hugh was born 1805 and died 1879 and buried in Tandragee Cemetery. He had quite a large family, so I'd love to hear from anyone who knows they were related to Hugh Hall Cochran or his wife, Margaret (Nee Belshaw. )
    Please get in touch.
    Regards,
    Heather

Heather

Googling the name brings up literally hundreds of posts on various genealogical forums.

I have at least one ancestor who was a watch and clock maker. He doesn't rate a mention anywhere, probably because he was just an "ordinary" watch and clock maker. Not all of them were great and there were many of them at a time when ALL clocks and watches were made by hand.

OC

Comment

Working...
    X