Windows 7 on net book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 on net book

I am trying to put a shortcut of a favorite site onto the desktop but cannot get it to work. I have this shortcut on my Vista PC (it is the Donkey Sanctuary in Devon).

I have checked the properties against each computer and they match and icon looks the same. Windows 7 on the net book always says "application not found". The arrow on the bottom of the Icon (Windows 7) points down and I think this should point up.

Any ideas please how I can get this to work as I like to see the Donkeys everyday!
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

hi Margaret can you not copy and paste it from the site rather than from another pc
    Love donkeys? You'll love watching our webcams any time of day! 

Comment

Hi Val,

Sorry if I did not make it clear (always hard to explain this tech struff). I have got it OK on my Vista. On my netbook I can open it going via my favorites - but cannot get the Icon on the desktop to open once I have 'sent it to desktop' or saved it directly from the site.
      I will keep fiddling and will get there one day. Thanks for your advice.
      Cheers,
      Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

\go to the websitr concerned in your web browser
        \then look at the address bar of your browser, you will see an icon to the left of the website's address
        Click and drag the icon to your desktop and you will have the shortcut there

sorry is there are typos, but |I've brokem my glasses and cannot see properly
        Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 18-03-12, 20:17.

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thank you Trevor, sorry about the glasses my neighbour is a puppy walker for 'Guide Dogs' so if the Opticians are busy give me a call!
          I expect that you will be fed up with me again soon as I have just bought a Samsung Laptop with Windows 7. Would you believe it but my husband is against computers and all that but is always on my PC so I decided to be more indepentant. I put Wireless on my Net Book but am still having a struggle with the laptop. Will have another go in the morning.
          Margaret N

Comment

Find help and how-to articles for Windows operating systems. Get support for Windows and learn about installation, updates, privacy, security and more.

Have a look at these videos.

And no, I won't be "fed up"
            As a college tutor, I love to answer questions and assist others :-)

Researching:
            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
            X