Is his name really Percival?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is his name really Percival?

Have a child in 1881 transcribed as Percival Fallon born 1878 Kensington but cannot find him anywhere else? no Birth no Death nothing, could somebody look at the image see what they think thanks.

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    Have a child in 1881 transcribed as Percival Fallon born 1878 Kensington but cannot find him anywhere else? no Birth no Death nothing, could somebody look at the image see what they think thanks.

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...d&pid=13178918

Looks like Percival to me.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thanks Herky, very odd cannot even find him under Percy?

Comment

I see his mum is a widow.
        Do you know when her husband died and is it possible that little Percival had another father and wasn't really a Fallon?
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

His father was Mark Fallon he married Sarah in 1872 the other two children are from an earlier marriage not sure if his yet or hers????

Comment

Hmmm - sounds complicated.
            I'm off to bed.
            Night night all.
            herky

Comment

all mine are complicated !!!!!!!!! nite Herky

Comment

yep it looks like Percival to me too Val, maybe he had two names?? and they used his middle one on this census? (its the tail of the mary 'y' that gets you muddled) as it comes down into Percivals name.
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie if they have its very inconvenient of them ? I cannot find any of the 4 children born where they were supposed to be according to that census.

Comment

i wonder about your tree sometimes val ;) i like julie's suggestion, it may have been a middle name they put on the one census. i've had that. have you tried variations for the name fallon? like o'fallon maybe?

Comment

Just found this Val, might help:
                      Percival has 10 variant forms: Parsafal, Parsefal, Parsifal, Perce, Perceval, Percevall, Percey, Percivall, Percy and Purcell.

Comment

Thanks Julie if they have its very inconvenient of them ? I cannot find any of the 4 children born where they were supposed to be according to that census.
                        Have you tried just searching for Fallon bapts just with parents names? I sometimes find that just using the parents names brings up all different hits, sometimes you even pick up children that were bapt and died before a census.
                        Julie

Comment

Sorry Val, I have tried everything, Family Search, Ancestry baptisms etc but nothing. Were the other two children named Cox at birth?
                          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

prep.JPG
                            anybody read this occupation please whats a Prep Man ? its the two oldest childrens Father ,William and Albert thanks
                            I'm not having any luck with baps yet only found this one.
                            Chrissie I am almost sure the other two are Fallons

Blimey Debs thanks I think ??????????????
                            Last edited by Guest; 16-03-12, 11:49.

Comment

Val,

do you have SJ prior to her marrying Mark? what was her previous name before she married him, do you have them on any census at all?
                              Julie

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16163[/ATTACH]
                                anybody read this occupation please whats a Prep Man ? its the two oldest childrens Father ,William and Albert thanks
                                I'm not having any luck with baps yet only found this one.
                                Chrissie I am almost sure the other two are Fallons

Blimey Debs thanks I think ??????????????
                                now does it say that? maybe it says 'Press man' with one of those awful 's's..
                                Julie

Comment

think I may have found Sarah's first marriage and her surname Think she was Sarah Jane Skinner born 1843 Shoreditch married William Thomas Cox in 1861 in Shoreditch
                                  Could be press man I suppose Julie?

Comment

and then he dies? and she marries Mark?
                                    Julie

Comment

thats my problem think I have found him in 1871 both kids supposedly born in Holborn so looked for him there
                                      says married but he is at home with his parents ? cannot pin point his death ?
                                      she then married Mark in 1872 then he goes and dies in 1880 selfish wotsit.

Comment

what do you know for definate? maybe we can work from that and re trace steps? suppose you have tried 'Cocks' as well as a spelling variant?
                                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                                        X