Computer advice needed: iola system check shown probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer advice needed: iola system check shown probs

I installed this software I think from Adobe as I was spring cleaning my puter.

My puter does take ages and have page hang/freeze etc a lot so used it to have a system check up with this. Report: Overall system status: poor. Hard drive C has signs of physicial corruption. In total 923 probs found affecting speed and stability.

Its System Mechanic which will fix many of them costs £24.99. It appears to be American.

Anyone got any experience of this? I do Avast free anti virus installed and malaware, windows defender etc. And rapport security for banking etc.

Should I be worried? Thanks for any advice.
    Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 15-03-12, 19:18.
    Liz

I was using the free version of it but got rid of it after about month as its always updating and then clearing things up ,,computer has been ok since I un installed it, so no problems with it apart from the updating to often
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Liz, its a con - most of those "errors" will be things that dont effect the puter.

Download the free program malwarebytes and run that through.

Comment

Thanks Babs and Heather - whew! Will uninstall. Have the malawares software free on...

Me and my puter are like someone who has just had a few driving lessons driving a HGV round the M25!

Will uninstall the iola. Thanks again. That's another fine mess you have got me out of .
        Liz

Comment

I use C Cleaner its free and use that to clear rubbish from comp
          borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Thanks Babs. Will check that one out.
            Liz

Comment

Babs - I installed the C cleaner and it found 11,512 items needing attention. To operate it as a cleaner, you have to pay. As I have just uninstalled it, it has sent me a message I can have the cleaning software half price at £12 something...

I have lots of Windows security updates etc on my computer and wondering whether to remove the old ones or just leave them there.
              Liz

Comment

For anyone following my little tale, the end is that I went into Start/Programmes/Accessories/System Tools/Disc clean up and clicked. It brought up thousands again and I just said okay, do it.

It has taken a while for it to work through everything but fingers crossed, everything okay.
                Liz

Comment

Working...
                X