How do you put census ref on old search for 1911 on Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you put census ref on old search for 1911 on Ancestry

I know how to for other census records but ,what do I put where, for the 1911 ones on Ancestry this is what I am looking for thanks
    RG14PN9667 RG78PN513B RD188 SD9 ED34 SN101

If you go to search records then on right handside click old search. Scroll down to census collection and click on 1911 - there's boxes for references.

Mind you it has two boxes Piece and Schedule Number and how you put it in I don't know given what you've got as a reference.
    Last edited by JBee; 12-03-12, 22:05.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Thanks JBee I can do all the others its just the 1911 I'm having trouble with ,cant work out which numbers to put in which box ?

Comment

I was looking but couldn't really work it out. Have you managed to get the image that you want? If so might be able to work backwards with reference - otherwise could have a look for it.
        Last edited by JBee; 12-03-12, 22:13.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I got it on FMP thanks its mistranscribed ,I couldn't find it on Ancestry probably for the same reason ,as its been mistranscribed ,but want to add it to my Tree on Ancestry without having to scan it in.
          I've tried all I can think of .
          This is it on FMP
          Cecilia Chopchase should be Chipchase born 1849 Stepney Teacher of Music living in 160 Wallwood Road Leytonstone Essex

Comment

Can't see anything but is anyone with her? It may be on some of the pages ancestry hasn't done yet.

Comment

oh I thought they were all done ? she's with her sister Rose Marie born 1858 Stepney Teacher School
              they are both boarders of
              Frederick Samuel Pescot 1833 Bethnal Green Pensioned retired Scripture Reader

Comment

Val I don't think Essex has been transcribed on Ancestry yet. I've managed to find the image though - you have to find it on the Summary books first and then use the drop down menus

Jackie

Comment

your fast becoming my hero Jackie ,how on earth did you find that?
                  Thanks both ,I hadnt realised Essex hadn't been done yet?

Comment

Got me blushing now Val :D

Do you really want to know how I did it - the explanation would probably send you to sleep although once you know it, it usually works
                    Jackie

Comment

Well done Jackie - I found nothing

Comment

oops got called away, got to go am tired but tomorrow Jackie I'd love a slow expanation thanks nite you twoxx

Comment

Remind me tomorrow

Night
                          Jackie

Comment

When you found it what was the reference - so we know what to put in the two boxes next time?
                            Last edited by JBee; 13-03-12, 08:18.

Comment

I don't think it works if the entry hasn't been subscribed, but even if it has, Ancestry don't seem to use the numbers in the same way that they have for other census years

I've been playing around and I haven't got a clue what that second box is for. If its a transcribed entry, the number after the first PN goes in the first box. That should bring up several entries (sometimes several pages) and somehow you would have to find it from there. Someone else might have come up with a better answer to that one
                              Jackie

Comment

This is how I found Val's one. Its easier if you know the address because very often the summary just says Mr and the surname

Go to 1911 England Census Summary Books

Val knew the address was 160 Wallwood Road so put that in the street address box. The entry comes up for Mr Pescot. Go to the image and the civil parish is Low Leyton, and above the image Ancestry has written North Leyton District 34. Next to Mr Pescot's name it says schedule number 101

Now go to the 1911 England Census and on the right hand side there are some drop down boxes. Select each in turn - Essex, Low Leyton, North Leyton, District 34

You'll get the first page for that district but, in this case there are 843 pages. Mr Pescot was schedule no. 101 so double it and go to image 202. In most of the cases I've tried you get the right image but in this case you get the family living at 154 Wallwood Road so you can just click through from there to get the right image.

Now you might want to lie down to recover ;)
                                Jackie

Comment

swoon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Comment

likewise!! lol

Comment

lol at you two :D I did warn you :D
                                      Jackie

Comment

mmmmmmmmmm shall have to print that off will never remember it ? or better still shall have to ask you every time , thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                        X