FTM 2012 "Required Update"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2012 "Required Update"

I've just tried to open my FTM 2012 and get a message telling me there is a patch to be downloaded which is a "required update". It's something to do with sync which I don't use anyway but the thing that worries me is that the publisher is a company I've never heard of called Soft Patch Inc.

Is this genuine? Has anyone else had it? Has anyone actually downloaded it and is it safe?
    ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
    Alfred, Lord Tennyson

I've had it, Ann. I ran the update and it's still working.

Never used the sync facility so I don't know if it's changed that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
      I've had it, Ann. I ran the update and it's still working.

Never used the sync facility so I don't know if it's changed that.
      Thanks Lindsay, that's reassuring. I was doubtful because the publisher wasn't the same name as the FTM one. I ignored it and used the program but guess it will pop again again the next time, so I'll go ahead with it then..

Thanks again.
      Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

I googled your heading and ended up with this thread plus one on Ancestry boards.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
          I googled your heading and ended up with this thread plus one on Ancestry boards.

Christine
          THIS thread? Oooh, fame at last! Seriously, thank you Christine; I didn't know that Ancestry message board existed. It's a useful one to bookmark.

I've decided not to bother with the patch since I found out how to get rid of the popup message and open my tree.
          Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Working...
          X