Glamorgan Parish Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glamorgan Parish Records

Does anyone have a subscription to these?
    My subscription ran out beginning of the week and I can't afford to reinstate the full subscription at the moment... Grrr..

If anyone does have access please could you do a look up for me?

I'm looking for William Williams born around 1883 in Porth. His father was William Williams also.
    It's possible that his baptism would be under Llanwonno or Ystradyfodwg.

William (b.1883) is my great great grandfather and due to the unimaginative names I can't break the brick wall....

TIA

Beth

Willie Williams, son of George and Mary Williams, born 6 Nov 1883 in Ystradyfodwg. Address: Past Road, Tylers Town (?); Father: Police Constable.

Hope this is the right one. There are loads of William Williams but the only one I could see at a relevant placename.
    Last edited by polly88; 11-03-12, 16:29.
    Best wishes, Polly

Begley - St Helens & Liverpool & somewhere in Ireland; Foster - Liverpool & Yorkshire (Ripon & Leeds); Pendleton - Huyton & Liverpool; Milnes - Leeds & Ripon; Banister - Preston; Wales - Liverpool & Cumberland; Ireland - Prescot; McDonough - Liverpool; Quirk - Liverpool; Hunt - St Helens; Tickle - St Helens

Comment

Originally posted by polly88 View Post
      Willie Williams, son of George and Mary Williams, born 6 Nov 1883 in Ystradyfodwg. Address: Past Road, Tylers Town (?); Father: Police Constable.

Hope this is the right one. There are loads of William Williams but the only one I could see at a relevant placename.
      I don't think so, unfortunately... :( Thank you for looking though

Comment

not him, but putting here so you know of it:

william williams, son of john and eliza ch.29 jul 1884, ystradyfodwg
        william williams, son of david and hannah ch.25 mar 1885, ystradyfodwg

Comment

willie williams, son of george and mary, ch.6 nov 1883, ystradyfodwg
          david william williams, son of charles and rose, ch.25 mar 1884, ystradyfodwg
          john william williams, son of charles and sussanna, ch.25 aug 1885, ystradyfodwg
          Last edited by kylejustin; 12-03-12, 08:34.

Comment

there is only one williams in llanwonno from 1881-1885 an albert.

Comment

do you have them on any census Beth.. am stuggling abit here.
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

assume you have the marriage, for the father's name. father's occupation?

Comment

Right... This is my biggest brick wall to date.

According to the 1911 Census, William Williams was born around 1883 in Porth, Glamorgan. He is living with his wife, Harriett Ann and children in King Street, Cwm. Registration district is Bedwellty, Monmouthshire.

My mother has the marriage cert (but doesn't know where it is) and they married in Ebbw Vale or Cwm in 1903. William's father is given as William Williams, a miner. Although I'm not altogether sure this is correct having not seen the cert myself.

William Williams (b. 1883) was known as Bill Pigeon when my Nan was growing up and his oldest son, Ivor, was known as Ike Pigeon. The pigeon bit came from the fact that he kept pigeons. This has absolutely nothing to do with the brick wall but adds colour none the less.

I don't have William on any census prior to 1911, and the sheer number of William Williams' around Wales makes me feel a little bewildered.

Comment

I guess that you need to ask mum to find that cert and see who the witness' were, that might help as they could be family members..
                    Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                      I guess that you need to ask mum to find that cert and see who the witness' were, that might help as they could be family members..
                      Yep, I know... I've asked her several times... maybe I ought to bite the bullet and order one for myself. Cash flow is a bit of an issue at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by FamilyHistoryStories View Post
                        Yep, I know... I've asked her several times... maybe I ought to bite the bullet and order one for myself. Cash flow is a bit of an issue at the moment.
                        if you know they married in a church, then local studies libraries should have them on microfiche that you can get the info from them? without buying the cert again.
                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                        X