Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long shot, any Laings out there connected to Vincents ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long shot, any Laings out there connected to Vincents ?

My 3rd great grandmother was Jane Laing (who married John Vincent) her father was Alexander Laing who married Jane Coe.
    One of my pals of over 40 years is a Laing, and it would be great if there was some sort of connection
    I just need someone who has researched the Laing family.
    Kind regards......Ted

I have Laings - do yours originate from Fife, Scotland?
    And more recently from Glasgow?
    Last edited by herky; 11-03-12, 13:56.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Well, Jane Laing was born in London, and her father was married in London but I dont know where he originated from.
      John
      Last edited by john_harvey; 11-03-12, 14:08.

Comment

Do you have any dates for these Laings?
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by herky View Post
          Do you have any dates for these Laings?
          Well the Laings come on to my tree with Jane Laing born abt 1805 death in 1882 (then Jane Vincent)
          Her Dad Alexander was married to Jane Coe in 1798.
          In 1851 the family were at 10 Butcher Row, Ratcliff.
          Regards......John

Comment

Working...
          X