Great Excitement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Excitement

Grandson, 10 years old, is doing a project on WW1 and 2 invloving our family and asked me if I had information or photos. Ermmm yes lol.

Was telling my son, 37, and old enough to know better, about it and he said 'OH yes I remember Grandad giving me some medals when I was about 15'!!!! Never mentioned it before. Just been and got them. I am amazed that not only has he got my Dad's medals from WW2 but he also got my maternal Grandad's medal from WW1 and paternal Grandad's medal from WW1.
    They actually have their names engraved on the back.

Grandson will be over the moon when I show him later today, but not half as excited as I am.

Have never found any mention of maternal Grandad's war experiences. His son (Uncle) who is nearly 90 told me he was in The East Surrey Rifles, and that is engraved on the back as well.

Sheer joy

Linda

How exciting!

Comment

oh fantastic Linda... what a bonus for your research, might be an idea to have them put/framed in a special box frame and display them.. seems a shame to be hidden in a box/envelope
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Definitely going to do that. Just phoned Uncle and he's quite emotional, also looked up the medal and it says it was presented to people who had been in Flanders and France 1914/15
        Uncle didn't know he had even been out of the country.

Linda

Comment

awwww thats lovely
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Congrats! What a wonderful find!

Now, more leads to follow ...

Comment

Oh what a find - you must be chuffed - well done.
              herky
              Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Working...
              X