Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claytons in Caistor

Hi,

I am trying to find information about the Clayton family that lived in Caistor during the first half of the 19th cent. I see them on the 1841 census, father Robert and mother Elizabeth living in Caistor at Church Lane with many children. Does anyone know where records - birth, marriages, deaths would be recorded (if records still exist) for a family at that location at that time. In particular, I would like to know what Elizabeth's maiden name might have been and where Robert came from (the census records that he was not born in Caistor).

A daughter, Harriett appears on the census as a child. She later marries a man named Skinner (possibly Thomas). I am also interested in knowing if the Skinners were also from Caistor. She shows up with him in London later.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Susan

Hi Susan
    I think you may find some answers on FreeREG
    Search your ancestry with FreeREG. FreeREG provides free online access to transcriptions of birth, marriage and burial records from Church of England and Church of Scotland registers. You can also use FreeREG to discover: non-Conformist records from England, Scotland and Wales, Municipal Cemetary records, Memorial records and documents relating to life events out of country, at sea and in the military.

Moggie

Comment

Hello Susan welcome to the forum..

if you are looking for a BMD after 1837 then you will need to search the indexes for the appropriate reference, then, send off to the GRO for the certificate.

you might be lucky and find some information on lincs to the past

and also www.familysearch.org has some records prior to 1837. were any children born to the marriage? if so, you might be lucky and find a birth for one of them and this will then give you the MMN which in turn will enable you to look for a marriage.

have you tracked them thru the census? does it give a POB for the husband on the 1851?
      Last edited by Darksecretz; 07-03-12, 16:03.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

There are no shortages of Robert Claytons in Lincolnshire within Ancestry.co.uk. I think there is a 14 day free trial available and maybe a worthwhile project for you........good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X