Help please to read girl's name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please to read girl's name

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2397; Folio: 435; Page: 4; GSU roll: 87075.

It's been transcribed as Hoover??!!!!

Anyone any ideas - most appreciated

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

do you have a direct link JBee? I can't search very well with the refs
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Is this what you mean Julie - it's the last one on the page I think.

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?htx=view&r=5538&dbid=8860&iid=DURHO107_2397_ 2397-0839&fn=Betty&ln=Paden&st=r&ssrc=pt_t5359909_p6097 041441_kpidz0q3d6097041441z0q26aidz0q3d20345439879 z0q26pgz0q3d32771z0q26pgPLz0q3dpidz0q257caid&pid=1 7858009

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

thats the one.. jeez they don't look good do they?? i'll have a better look :smilee:
        Julie

Comment

Honner? (Honor)??
          Julie

Comment

might be Hanna at a stretch..
            Julie

Comment

looks like Honner, but the writing is terrible lol
              have you found the family in the 1861 yet

Comment

I found the family but only the mother and daughter Bridget in 1861. Mother says she's a widow but can't find William's death.

Comment

Hi Julie
                  I wonder if I've found her baptism on familysearch ?? There's a Joanna Paden baptised 17/11/1839,parents Thomas Paden and Elizabeth Fihily,Roman Catholic. Residence Killucan and Ballinameen,Roscommon,Ireland. It could be Joanna on the 1851 census at a pinch spelled phonetically maybe by the enumerator ?

Liz

Sorry just realised her father was William !!
                  Last edited by congletonian; 07-03-12, 15:57.
                  my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

there are a few Honor or Honoria first names in the irish records on Ancestry

Liz
                    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

Thanks everyone - yes it is a difficult one as the surname spellings change and they were all born in Ireland but where?

I've found a marriage of Bridget Padan to Michael Mulhorn/Mulheron/Mulhern? in Oct 1862 in Sunderland but nothing after that for them.

I was hoping to trace the children of William & Betty up to 1901/1911 where they might say where in Ireland they're from.

I did follow one lady which turned out incorrect unfortunately - she said all through the census that she was born in Ireland until the last one in 1911 when as an elderly lady living alone that she was born in Sunderland lol - good job it wasn't mine in the end though!!!

Comment

now I have eaten I'll have a look Julie and see if I can spot anything likely..
                        Julie

Comment

It's difficult I know - I've been messing around all day - that comes with someone wanting to see my tree and it's been awhile since I worked on that one.

Thanks Julie and everyone for your help. I now think it must be Honaria - which is often Nora - but with all the variations I have no idea where the family went to.

Comment

ooh Julie

Name: Ann Padan
                            Date of registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1853
                            Registration district: Sunderland
                            Inferred County: Durham
                            Volume Number: 10a
                            Page Number: 465

Julie

Comment

Michael in 1861 with his sister Ann DOWD

Julie

Comment

That's the family I followed through the census's - but it wasn't Ann Padan who married Michael Dowd/Doud unfortunately. Right church though.

Think I'm going to go for a break down - this is doing my head in.

Thanks Julie
                                Last edited by JBee; 07-03-12, 17:55.

Comment

:(:(
                                  Julie

Comment

I don't know what you think, but as the script is quite flowery, I thought I'd look over the whole page to see for any similarities in letters, eg if there are anymore capital H's. Anyway further up there is a Florence Waters and it does look similar to Hoovers.

If you look carefully there is a stroke which may just be an e at the end of the first name. The one under Florence is apparently Mary, but looks like Harry to me, except it is a daughter.
                                    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Do you know what Mandy, I think you are right and her name IS Florence... and re Mary/Harry.. if you look at the very beginning of it you see a curl that is the beginning of the 'M' so it looks kindalike Cmary
                                      Julie

Comment

Oh goody at last I might have helped. Usually I arrive too late or don't have a scooby.

After looking at Mary again with the C...looks like the first Chavy. LOL
                                        Last edited by bubblebelle; 07-03-12, 19:24. Reason: addition
                                        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Working...
                                        X