• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to find a Marriage Please

Hello
    Can anyone find a Marriage for these 2, as I can't find it
    James Phillips
    b:1825, Reading Berkshire (Father: George Phillips b: 1797 Reading, Berkshire)

and
    Catherine
    b: 1828, Clerkenwell, Middlesex.

Their first child was born in Bermondsey, 1846

They appear on the 1851 Census in Red Lion Yard, Clerkenwell, Middlesex.

Many thanks
    Debs

How about this one?
    James Phillips & Catherine Brougiotti on 9th Feb 1846 Holborn. Address for both 3 Warner street Clerkenwell. James & his father George occupation ostler. Catherine's father Peter, figure maker.
    Moggie

Comment

Wow!
      You lot amaze me!
      Thank you I will check these out!!
      ;D

Comment

Oooh!! I wonder if the Brougeotte is a misspell of Broughton??
        Interesting!!

Comment

I think the name is Italian. I took my spelling of the surname from Catherine's signature.
          I suppose it could have evolved into Broughton. Can you imagine, in how many ways that surname is going to be mistranscribed?:D:D I think the best way to search on Ancestry is *goitti or *goitte & see what comes up.
          Moggie

Comment

Thanks Moggie!
            So far only 1 match, which is for a Peter, also a figure maker same as her father, born in ITALY!! Well done!
            He isnt her father though as his DOB is 1823 - I suppose it may be her brother......the quest continues!

Comment

Even today family members do not agree on the pronunciation, My side always say 'Braughton' as in caught, my Uncles say 'Browton' - and as Grandad was deaf and dumb we never had the definitive version!!

Comment

birth certificate of a child or more than one haha might have a clearer reading of the name. unless it is one of those names that is different on each birth cert.

Comment

Working...
                X