Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man in uniform but what date and regiment? Can any body help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man in uniform but what date and regiment? Can any body help??

This photo was supposed to be a photo of my great grandfather Arthur Manuell c1867 b Chartham Kent, who was allegedly killed in action in WW1. However I've since discovered that the actual Arthur Manuell served 2 sentences of 7 year Penal servitude from 1894 -1900 then from 1900/1 to around 1908 for bigamy x 3. The 'killed in action' story was just that - a story- It was made up to cover the real antics of my G grandfather.

So now I'm left wondering who the chap in the photo could possibly be? - which I doubt we will ever find out. Can anybody date the photo or does anybody have any Idea what army regiment this chap served in. It has already been suggested that he was poss Calvary and he was a staff Sargent?

Tracy.

Haven't a clue about uniforms Tracy, but I've tidied him up a bit.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

ohhh It looks clearer now, thank's Jen.

Comment

going by the cap badge it looks like the RFA I think, (Royal Field Artillery).. is there any chance Tracy that you could scan/crop the cap to a higher resolution?
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
          going by the cap badge it looks like the RFA I think, (Royal Field Artillery)..
          is there any chance Tracy that you could scan/crop the cap to a higher resolution?
          Blimey Julie, could you say that again, in English lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Liberty View Post
            Blimey Julie, could you say that again, in English lol
            if you have the original picture/or know who does.. can you re-scan it at say 600 dpi. (this is a scanner setting) then zoom in to the part where the cap badge is, and just 'crop' (cut out) that part so we can get a better view of the badge..

it should look something like this (but alot clearer)

Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
              if you have the original picture/or know who does.. can you re-scan it at say 600 dpi. (this is a scanner setting) then zoom in to the part where the cap badge is, and just 'crop' (cut out) that part so we can get a better view of the badge..

it should look something like this (but alot clearer)

Hiya Julie,

I only have a scanned copy of the photo, Iv'e tried to zoom in to the cap badge but it just distorts and goes blurred. I've posted on a war forum - 'the long, long Trail' and they have been trying to help me too. A couple of the members there seem to think the cap badge could be 12th royal lancers or 5th Irish Lancers and on zooming in (before it starts distorting) I'd say it does too. I posted on the same forum 6 years ago with same photo, thinking it was Arthur Manuell but we obviously got know where with that - Iv'e updated them on the Arthur Manuell story now though LOL - so maybe we'll get some where this time

Thanks, Tracy.

Comment

Working...
              X