Acer net book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acer net book

I have had my Acer Net Book for nearly one year and have still not been able to use it for much other than viewing the web or emails.
    First I cannot add a new programme. I get the option to uninstall but no option to install.
    Windows help only offers me how to install from a CD/DVD - ask a friend to download it for you.
    Install by download - no access. I was told by another site just run the wizard to install but I have not found one.
    I am fed up with this gadget and at great expense have asked Acer for help but that would be at a premium rate and they may not be able to help anyway they told me.
    I have asked for my money back and they will only do that if I can prove that it is faulty.

I have windows 7 Home premium.
    Last edited by Margaret N; 05-03-12, 12:37.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

You say "Install by download - no access" if you can read emails and view web you have access, or have I misunderstood what you mean. Not sure but getting a USB dvd may be answer, would think that would allow you to load normal way

Comment

mikeg, Yes the USB dvd is the answer but just to put Word 2007 on that I already have unused will cost alot of money.

When I say no access I click on Windows Help and it tells me how to add new software says Click here and get this message. I have tried to go into control panel / select programmes / click it list all that are on the net book.
      If you click on any of them they only give you the option to uninstall or repair but not to add new software.
      Rather late now I will try and clarify this more later today.
      Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hi Margaret

The only difference between a Netbook and a Laptop is the lack of DVD/CD drive.
        You can still download programs and install in the same way.

You say that you want to install Microsoft Office , well why not try LibreOffice , it will read and write Office Docs and it is Free .
        Download LibreOffice 32-bit 6.2.4.0.0 for Windows. Fast downloads of the latest free software! Click now

Or do a Google search for USB CD Drive , they are available for about £10.

Ken

Comment

Ken,

Many thanks, I think I will try the ideas that you have given to me. Sorry I have not explained this problem well (I leave it too late in the day/night to go onto my PC).
          I have Office 2007 (3 license - only used once) but with a trial programme of office 2010 on this net book it is not happy for me to install 2007. It is not happy either for me to uninstall 2010.
          Margaret N

Comment

If you want to uninstall Office 2010, download Revo uninstaller. That removes all the registry entries for office 2010 and will then let you install Office 2007.

Comment

Working...
            X