Percy William Friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Percy William Friend

Can anyone help to find the birth of Percy William Friend about 1891.
    I have his marriage in St Lukes Camberwell in 1918 to Alice Maud Carpenter. It states that his father is John Friend deceased Horse Dealer.
    There is a marriage in 1890 of a John Friend to Anna Davy. He is a Licensed Victualer and she is (clutching at straws here) a Horse Keeper.
    I cant find Percy anywhere else. There is another one of the same name but he died in WW1.
    I know there are miracle workers out there but this is a very weak link
    Thank you
    Ann

there is one in Greenwich in 1890 Dec quarter 1D 959

Comment

dont reckon thats him though ?? there is a Percy Friend born 1886 Peckham living as a nephew with a John Friend ? in 1891

do you know I cannot find that again ????????????
      Last edited by Guest; 05-03-12, 11:43.

Comment

Thank you Val
        I may have to get the certificate for the Greenwich birth but I really feel that was the other Percy.
        Just looked at the census but I cant find the one you found. I have found another one where he is a stepson.
        Can you send me a link please

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          there is one in Greenwich in 1890 Dec quarter 1D 959
          Hi
          This one I think is in the London schools admissions.
          Percy Wm Friend father William 34 Radnor St in 1901.
          Percy's date of birth 10th Nov 1890
          Moggie

Comment

I'm sitting at a silly little desk on the laptop at the moment as my son is in the room where I have the pc and its hard to write notes in here shall have to find it again, are you sure yours was born about then ? maybe he was William Percy and not Percy William? There is a RPW Friend in the Surrey Regt between 5 Nov 1917 and the 27 Feb 1918 could that be him ?

Comment

thats the only birth for a Percy between 1888 and 1893? I can find ?

Comment

there is a Percy Friends ? 1891 possibly mistranscribed ?a stepson born abt 1886 Peckham ?? RG12 377 46 30

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                  dont reckon thats him though ?? there is a Percy Friend born 1886 Peckham living as a nephew with a John Friend ? in 1881
                  Val
                  That should be 1901 & not 1881 census.
                  If you go back to 1891 Percy age 5 was living with John Friend but this time as a "step-son".
                  You would naturally assume that Percy was the son of John's wife Jemima from a previous marriage but she would have been 52 when he was born.
                  Moggie

Comment

no wonder I couldnt find it again lol

Comment

Thank you all for looking. I was in the process of replying when I lost the server. I tried to log on but couldnt get back, but it seems ok now.
                      I have looked at the census with stepson. I just dont understand how he is Johns stepson.
                      The marriage certificate for Percy states his age as 27 and John Friend Horse Dealer as Father. Percy could not write so maybe he got his age wrong.
                      I will keep looking
                      Regards Ann

Comment

Are all your FRIENDS London-based? OH has some in his tree (not direct line ancestors) in Devon.

Christine
                        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hello Christine
                          At the moment it looks they are from around Camberwell, but until I can find Percys birth and parents I dont know
                          Ann

Comment

Ann,

have you had a look for any service records for 'your' PWF that married Alice? maybe there are clues on that?
                            Julie
                            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Julie
                              I found his medal rolls which does not tell you much, but I then found out that there are no other records for him as they were destroyed in the blitz
                              Ann

Comment

I wondered that too Christine as I found a birth for a Percy Vivian Friend in 1889 Devon? maybe he didnt like the name Vivian and chose William instead ?

Comment

do you know when he died Ann?

I can see one that is a Percy William but he died of wounds in 1917.
                                  Julie

Comment

He died in the 1960s in Bromley Kent, which is where the family are now
                                    Have not got the exact date here at the moment
                                    Ann

Comment

ok is this the medal card you have?

if this is the right one then these are the service records for that number..

(this is the Percy William that dies of wounds in 1917)

Julie

Comment

have you seen this?

Julie

Comment

Working...
                                        X