PHILLIPS family help needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHILLIPS family help needed please

Hi, are there any PHILLIPS family experts on here that can help me please?

I have recently discovered that my Great Great Grandmother was Mary Ann Emma PHILLIPS b1846, married to William James Broughton.

I would like to know if there a connection between her and BENJAMIN THOMAS PHILLIPS b1861, married to Jemima Power, lived in Bethnal Green.

I have been trying to find a connection for ages and its really frustrating! I have even deleted ALL the PHILLIPS from my tree and started again to see if I can make sense of it Lol
    many thanks for any help
    Deb

hey Deb :smilee:

why do you think that they are connected?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

My granddad was deaf and dumb,and I, we, always suspect he was 'sent away', my surviving Uncle says he always spoke of having '2 mums', so I suspect there was another family he stayed with for a lot of the time, he married my Nan, also deaf and dumb. When they married they lived with Benjamin and Jemima for at least 2 years. I have looked at the electoral for lots of years and Benjamin didn't make a habit of having lodgers.
      As i have found a Phillips in the blood I would like to think that Benjamin is family, or it may just purely be coincidence..... a lot of those happen eh?
      confused.........

Comment

ok have you tracked Benjamin thru the census?

and just so I get this right, are you saying that the child of Ann/William was D&D and lived with Benjamin for a while?
        Julie

Comment

Yes he was d&d, he was my grandad, and yes I have tracked Benjamin through he census and electoral, which shows nan and grandad living there, but I can' find a link to Mary, maybe there isn't one, but I would like to think there is.....

Comment

ok, so have you tracked him Backwards? and found his bapt/birth and his parents etc..
            Julie

Comment

it might be Deb that Benjamins father Thomas and in turn his father George.. had a brother who in turn had children that may be a connection with M.A.E PHILLIPS, though you will need to track Ben/George and see who each family married etc..
              Julie

Comment

ahhhh thank you
                Thats what I have been trying to do but there doesn't seem to be one so I think I will assume that the connection is a coincidence until I have the energy to try again!

Comment

Working...
                X