Mill Field
    Civ Parish Middleton
    Suffolk
    Reg Dis Sudbury
    Reg No 1
    Sub Reg Bulmer
    Sub Reg 1
    ED 10

If you then look at the ED numbers for this district they are ED4-ED9, there is no ED10 for Sudbury!

This is the reply from Ancestry:
    I apologise for the trouble you are having with the 1911 Census. At this stage in the release of this record database we are coming up with a lot of errors such as the one you are describing. Sometimes the missing Parish or Enumeration district can be found listed under a different Parish name or even a different county depending upon the mistake made. Sometimes a search in nearby parishes is best to locate the information you are searching for. I have reported this issue to the content team for their review. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
    Just to see if I could give you some more direction I did search in quite a few surrounding Parishes such as Wickham St. Paul, Brundon, Great Cornard, Little Cornard, Middleton, Ballingdon, and Bulmer and I was unable to find any leads to this missing district. I wish that I could have found it for you but maybe you would have more luck. I do miss things so a second look could be in order.

I have looked on quite a few but can't find it.

Any ideas please?

Debs

You are not alone. Half of the Ipswich registration district has been mis-indexed. Because the enumeration district numbers are duplicated there's no means of finding the families I'm looking for. It will all come out OK in the end - but when?
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

you could find the image on findmypast for a few credits.

Comment

At the top of the image for this one it says Saffron Walden Essex so might be worth looking around there.
        I am looking for it on FMP but not having much luck there either.
        margaret

Comment

have found it Margaret

Comment

Blimey that was hard work but here it is

BRYANT, Charles Head Married M 61 1850 Labourer On Farm Essex Middleton
            BRYANT, Ellen Wife Married 38 years F 60 1851 Essex Middleton
            BRYANT, Charles William Son Single M 30 1881 Labourer On Farm Essex Middleton
            BRYANT, Arthur James Son Single M 25 1886 Labourer On Farm Essex Middleton
            BRYANT, Emily Rose Granddaughter F 6 1905 School Essex Middleton
            BRYANT, Maud May Granddaughter F 14 1897 School Pt Time Essex Middleton
            Reference:
            RG14 PN10533 RG78 PN563 RD205 SD1 ED10 SN79

Address:
            Mill Field Middleton Sudbury Sfk County: Suffolk

Margaret
            Last edited by margaretmarch; 01-03-12, 13:28.

Comment

Oops! cross posted - it was a struggle to find that by the reference number and I see ancestry have the Sudbury RD as 1 whereas on the image it says 205 ??

Margaret

Comment

what dates were the children born ??Debs

Comment

Thankyou for finding those

Can I also ask you to have a look for this family please:
                  John William Bryant 1867
                  Margaret Bryant 1866
                  And their children:
                  Percy James W Bryant 1891
                  Sidney E Bryant 1893
                  Joseph E Bryant 1898
                  Grace Elizabeth Bryant 1900
                  Cecil Bryant 1904, born in Sudbury

Val sent me one that fits for John and Margaret, ages addresses etc but Cecil is missing from it? Grace was possibly dead by the time the 1911 came out. Percy and Sidney may not have been at home and I have very little information on Joseph. Also possibly dead as the family know nothing of him either.

in 1901 I have them as living in Islington but they were from Ballingdon in Suffolk

Many thanks for your help

Debs x

Comment

cant see Cecil at all?

Comment

No Nor me! There is a young Cecil as a boarder but I have looked at him before and its not my Cecil! I thought it may have been him as the father is down as an invalid on the 1911 that you sent, so my thoughts were that a young boy was too much to handle and they sent him to live elsewhere?
                      But I also haven't been able to trace Percy and Sidney on the 1911, but they both fought in the war so I assume they might have signed up and been away?

Comment

Working...
                      X