ooer help please is this my Thomas in School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ooer help please is this my Thomas in School

says Thos Gosnell born 31 Dec 1895 mine was born 30 Dec 1895 Parent Mr HAVERS Dock Labourer PLEASE SAY YES

If I say YES, will you find one of mine I am desperately looking for!

Have you checked BMDs to see if there were any other Thomas Gosnells born 1895 4th quarter - or 1896 1st quarter
    Can you find Mr. Havers on the Electoral Rolls
    Are we expecting/hoping to find Thomas somewhere in 1911, if so have you checked the Brook Street address and/or Havers name?
    Elaine

Comment

if this is my Thomas Elaine I would be more than happy to look for yours , cant imagine me finding anybody you cant ??? you are too good.:p;D
      Have been going through the census records they aren't at that address in 1901 or 1911 , its also odd it says parent Havers and not Gosnell ??
      and whats more its the right area, do hope its him would make my year.
      Off to search electoral rolls now .
      Who are you looking for ???

Comment

Mine is a real long shot Val - just thought I would run it through the new records to see if anything comes up, but nothing so far!
        Violet Edna Ovenell born 23 November 1903 - was in Hackney workhouse - discharged February 1906 into the care of her father Frederick - at which point they both do a disappearing act!

The closeness of that date of birth for your Thomas does look good - I've checked the census records as well and can't see anything that fits. Didn't have much luck searching the electoral rolls - too many Havers and am not sure what district they should be under, would it be Stepney for Ratcliff?
        Elaine

Comment

Well it says Ratcliff Tower Hamlets which is Stepney way. seems strange he wasn't admitted to school till he was 10 ? wonder if something happened to his parents , am so excited if its him .
          Not found him and a Mr Havers in 1911 yet ?
          Will see what I can find for your Lady but as I said if I do I will be gob smacked .

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            Well it says Ratcliff Tower Hamlets which is Stepney way. seems strange he wasn't admitted to school till he was 10 ?
            He may well have been in a different school, Val. From what I can see there aren't that many on line at the moment, perhaps there are more to come.

Don't worry too much about Violet - I've had it on here before and we couldn't find anything then! I just hope that sometime soon new records appear from somewhere and up she pops ... bit like your Thomas (if that's him!)
            Elaine

Comment

did emily shack up with a mr havers val? de facto step father?

Comment

Val - there are two pages to the image - scroll across to the right and you will see the previous school and that he moved to Millwall. Does that fit in with anything you have found?

Edit: looks like Hallesville, Canvey Island ??
                Elaine

Comment

Doh! ignore that - it's Hallesville, Canning Town.
                  Elaine

Comment

Young Thomas didn't stay long - admitted May 1906, left September 1906. Though it looks like Canvey Island I think the previous school may have been Hallsville School, Canning Town which still exists- http://www.hallsville.newham.sch.uk/default.htm
                    Update - sorry Elaine I was busy reading the Hallsville website when you posted.
                    Last edited by JudithM; 29-02-12, 14:39.
                    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

thank Elaine hadn't noticed that in my excitement , wonder if those records will be available too ? Thanks Kyle have been looking and nothing yet .

Comment

thanks Judith, I am almost sure this is him and thanks for the link.

Comment

look what I just found a photo of the kids there in 1897 how old were kids put into schools then ? maybe he's there

Comment

Am now wondering if Havers has been mistranscribed ? and it should be H Avers ? as I have found a Henry Avers a Dock Labour born in Poplar living in West Ham ?

Comment

Val - what was Thomas's (Emily?) mother's place and DOB? Found this one on 1911 and I'm beginning to wonder whether this is the boy in the school record.

I wonder whether that first letter in the school record is an H or R
                              Jackie

Comment

oh my god Jackie almost passed out then thats her wow wow wow how can I ever thank you I'm shaking here

Comment

Oh WELL DONE!!! Jackie.. brilliant result!!
                                  Julie
                                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

got tears in my eyes cant see for happiness

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                      got tears in my eyes cant see for happiness
                                      aww Val (hugs).. :smilee:
                                      Julie
                                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Deep breaths Val - don't want you having a funny turn ;) Seriously though - really pleased we've managed to crack a bit of one of your brick walls

Is this the Muller / Miller family? I still can't work out whether the new husband is Ravers or Ravens. Wasn't there a German connection with her first husband?
                                        Jackie

Comment

Working...
                                        X