Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New on Ancestry

London, England, School Admissions and Discharges, 1840-1911

Found a couple of mine, gives name of school, date of birth, parents name and address. Some have even more information.

Linda
    Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 29-02-12, 08:16.

That looks as if it is going to be a very useful resource for finding/confirming dates of birth!
    Elaine

Comment

Yes Elaine I am finding quite a few of mine, Great Grandparents and Grandparents brothers and sisters, that I probably wouldn't buy cerfificates for. Plus addresses which is very interesting as I was born in London too

Linda

Linda

Comment

Thanks for the that Linda..... skips along to Ancestry
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

thanks for that yipee

Comment

I cant seem to find this new addition.

jean

Comment

London England Schools Admissions & Discharges 1840-1911
              Elaine

Comment

found it, none of mine on it.

thank's elaine.

jean

Comment

Well I'm thrilled finally found my Great Grandmothers illigitimate Son on there ,and as a consequence between Jackie Elaine and Julie have found her and the new man she was living with ,and her new Marriage and Death info, best day ever.

Comment

Great news, Val!

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Fantastic Val

Linda

Comment

I do not have a subscription to Ancestry but could I ask if any trace of the following children, who all lived in Poplar at some time, could be found please.

William Mountjoy, b. 1832 Devon, parents, William & Susan Mountjoy
                        Elizabeth Mountjoy, b. 1835 Devon, d 1849 Poplar, parents William & Susan Mountjoy
                        Robert Mountjoy, b1847 Rotherhithe, parents William Mountjoy

Elizabeth Mountjoy, b 1848 Devon, parents, Albert & Susan Mountjoy
                        Mary Ann Mountjoy, b 1850 Devon, parents Albert & Susan Mountjoy
                        Robert Mountjoy, b 1852 Poplar, parents Albert & Susan Mountjoy

Elizabeth Emma Mountjoy, b 1871 Poplar, parents Robert & Elizabeth Mountjoy

Even the smallest snippets would be very welcome and much appreciated.

Many thanks, Merleyone

Comment

just had a look and the only Mountjoys on there dont include any of those people sorry

Comment

Wonderful - bet U smiling ;)

Comment

Many thanks for looking for the Mountjoy children Val, much appreciated.

merleyone

Comment

Originally posted by merleyone View Post
                                I do not have a subscription to Ancestry but could I ask if any trace of the following children, who all lived in Poplar at some time, could be found please.

William Mountjoy, b. 1832 Devon, parents, William & Susan Mountjoy
                                Elizabeth Mountjoy, b. 1835 Devon, d 1849 Poplar, parents William & Susan Mountjoy
                                Robert Mountjoy, b1847 Rotherhithe, parents William Mountjoy

Elizabeth Mountjoy, b 1848 Devon, parents, Albert & Susan Mountjoy
                                Mary Ann Mountjoy, b 1850 Devon, parents Albert & Susan Mountjoy
                                Robert Mountjoy, b 1852 Poplar, parents Albert & Susan Mountjoy

Elizabeth Emma Mountjoy, b 1871 Poplar, parents Robert & Elizabeth Mountjoy

Even the smallest snippets would be very welcome and much appreciated.

Many thanks, Merleyone
                                what kind of info are you looking for Merle? is it census? or BMDs etc.. if this is the case you might be better off creating a new thread that is seperate from this one.. then we can see if we can help you. :smilee:
                                Julie
                                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Julie

I was really looking for any info on these children relating to their schooling and associated background in Poplar, which is why I responded to this particular thread dealing with London school admissions etc. My apologies for not clarifying that. I do know about these children in their later lives with the exception of William Mountjoy b 1832 in Devon but as I suspect he may have become a Ship Carpenter, as all the three fathers on my original query were, he is not one to pursue via this thread and I shall continue my occasional searches elsewhere for him.

Many thanks for your interest,

Merleyone

Comment

Thanks Linda

Comment

Working...
                                    X