Children in Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children in Care

Is there any way of finding out if a child born in 1912 was placed in care or even adopted?

There are a very good group of folk on this site who are very knowledgeable about adoption and similar issues, I am sure someone will help.
    However, I have a feeling, and I may be wrong, at that early date adoption was quite an informal process?????
    EDIT to say have you looked at the reference library on this site, you might find some info there.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by herky; 28-02-12, 16:02.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

pretty sure formal adoption only occured in the 1920's.

Comment

If this thread starts to acquire actual info, you may wish us to move it to the "sensitive" section.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
        X