Liverpool Crown Court-murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liverpool Crown Court-murder

I am interested in a case from 1884; the Blackstone Street Murder. I have read the newspaper report in The Old Mersey Times and wondered if there is a transcript available.I have Googled without success.
    Fran

I don't know the Liverpool set up but here in Scotland you are able to view and get a copy of the actual court papers which are usually held by the county archives or national archives.
    I have my own ggg grandad's papers for when he went to court ( a copy of) and it surprised me in how much detail and how many witnesses were called etc. This is much earlier though, in 1830.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

There are a few entries about it in the Liverpool Mercury, together with a report about the charges against the hangman! Have you seen those?
      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
        There are a few entries about it in the Liverpool Mercury, together with a report about the charges against the hangman! Have you seen those?
        Hi Elaine
        I saw that too. He was drunk on the job!!
        Moggie

Comment

Originally posted by maudarby View Post
          Hi Elaine
          I saw that too. He was drunk on the job!!
          Moggie
          Almost obligatory I would think for that sort of job unless you were a psychopath!!
          Margaret

Comment

Thank you for your replies.Yes I have seen the newspaper report,but I would like to see a full transcript.
            Fran

Comment

Working...
            X