FTM playing up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM playing up.

I was using FTM 10 the other day to enter some data. Tonight - I can't get into FTM at all, it shows as a new thread, and even when I suggest a surname to open it - nothing happens.

Hope I haven't lost everything :(

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by jood; 28-02-12, 09:40.
    jood sadly died in November 2019.

Jood, I really don't understand your problem. You say you are talking about FTM 2010 which is a program on your computer, accessed (usually) by an icon on your desktop.
    You then say "it shows as a new thread" - what do you mean by that .. and where?
    Elaine

Comment

Sorry, I meant FTM opens up with no surnames on it, as though it had never been accessed before. When I click on file - open and look for one of my surnames and click on enter, it still shows as though FTM has never been used before. I hope I have explained a bit more fully.

Comment

With you now!
        Go to MY DOCUMENTS on your computer - can you see a folder there called FAMILY TREE MAKER - if so open that folder - can you see the names of your files there.

If you can, go back to FTM, click on FILE --> OPEN and find the MY DOCUMENTS/FAMILY TREE MAKER folder, and then click on the file you want to open.
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks so much Elaine. That was a bit of a shock. For years, I'd called my file "Family History" - and when I got a new computer, I renamed the file "Genealogy 2011" from where I could get my docs. I went into Family Tree Maker and was surprised to see more documents there than I had in "Genealogy 2011"

Now I am wondering if I should move the few docs into FTM, or leave well alone. I'm still mystified why that happened especially as I've been doing family history on computer since computers began!!!

Comment

Working...
          X