Slow lappie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow lappie

My laptop is getting slower by the day. It seems to be only slow when on the net, but I don't really use it for anything else. It's only 12 months old.

I don't have much stored on it, but I've never done any maintenance on it....like defragging clearing temp files etc. I really don't know how.

It's a 64 bit running Win7.

My old home comp is absolutely full and seems quicker. It's 32 bit with XP but I do maintain it because I know how...lol

Can anyone tell me (speak very slowly please) what regular maintenance I need to do.

Thanks

To run defrag...

1) Open control panel
    2) Select System and Security
    3) Underneath "Administrative Controls" select "Defragment your hard drive" - You can still use lappy while it's defragging...

I can't remember how to clear temporary files atm...

Comment

Thanks...will try that.

Comment

I have Ccleaner installed and run it every day before logging off, clears a lot of stuff.
        Try CCleaner Professional for free. Clean up your PC automatically and increase your performances and online privacy.

Comment

or to clear temp files ,go to tools at the top of the page internet options then browsing history then delete, untick stuff you dont want to clear like cookies and passwords then click delete

Comment

Working...
          X