Ie 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ie 9

Can anyone advise? My computer has Vista installed and I was using (quite happily!) IE 8.

Windows Updates had an update for IE 9 which I held back by unchecking the appropriate box but which it has now installed off it's own bat anyway. I thought IE 9 was for those computers running Windows 7. Should I try and revert back to IE 8, and if so, how do I do it?

Many thanks.
    r642611
    Interested in the following:CRUSH from Essex and London; YOUNG from Wanstead Essex and East London; HODSON from Chester; and GERAGHTY/GERRITY from Chester and Co Mayo

when you uninstall IE9 IE8 should still be there ?

To uninstall Internet Explorer

If you're trying to uninstall Internet Explorer because of an issue with the browser, first check to see if a solution is listed in Internet Explorer 9 Help and How-to.
    The following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
    • Click the Start button , type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.
    • Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.
    • Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.
    • Click one of the following:
      • Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).
      • Restart later

after you uninstall Internet Explorer 9, the previously installed version of Internet Explorer will be available on your PC. It isn't necessary to reinstall.
    Last edited by Guest; 26-02-12, 16:43.

Comment

Val

Sorry for the delay in responding - cataract op intervened!

Thanks for your help I shall see how I get on and maybe have a go at uninstalling if it all goes pear-shaped!
      Interested in the following:CRUSH from Essex and London; YOUNG from Wanstead Essex and East London; HODSON from Chester; and GERAGHTY/GERRITY from Chester and Co Mayo

Comment

how did the op go I will need it soon

Comment

Depends what you are uninstalling it for, is there a problem with or do you feel like you prefer IE8? I would stay with IE9 just because it supports HTML5 much better then IE8 and more websites are implementing new features which use HTML5. IE9 will be fine on any computer all the way back to Windows XP.

Comment

Hi Josh1988

Thanks for your reply. While I can use IE9 easily I do prefer the layout on IE8 eg I used to have a bar beside the tabs with icons to go to home page, print from the page, save etc and a tools icon (I don't know what the bar was actually called). I know that I have a home page icon and a tools icon in the top right but I felt 'safer' with the old ones. It happens when you get older!

PS sorry for not getting back to you earlier, I don't use my PC for days sometimes!

Comment

Working...
            X