Found GGGrandparents Grave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found GGGrandparents Grave

Found the grave of my GGGrandparents Henry and Charlotte Blewitt at Crow Lane Cemetery, Romford...off for a visit next week.

Their families did originate in Essex, he died in Essex although in some census's they were in Surrey and she died some 17 years later in Camberwell, London where family lived, including my Gran. They are buried together so must have bought the plot when he died in 1895 she died in 1912

Can't believe I've found them....... all thanks to Deceased Online

Linda

wow thats great off to see if I can find anybody

Comment

cor thats expensive wont be using that much

Comment

Linda, do you know roughly where the grave is? Crow Lane's a big cemetery

Must agree, Deceased Online is becoming a great resource now they're adding more to it.
        Last edited by Lindsay; 24-02-12, 16:20.

Comment

Hi Lindsay,

I've got the grave number, 4189, and I am going to the offices at Upminster first to collect a map.

It is expensive Val but at least you can to a name search for free before you pay.

Linda

Comment

brilliant result Linda :smilee:
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

That's brilliant Linda

I found my GG grandma's grave on there last year in St Pancras Cemetery .
              My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Great isn't it Sue,

I found my Grandad's three spinster sisters at Tunbridge Wells, didn't have a clue they were there. Went down there last year and found them all and took some photos.

That was Deceased Online too.

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                  cor thats expensive wont be using that much
                  It is expensive, but worth it if you find somebody, because (at least in the cemeteries I've looked at) it tells you who else is buried in the same plot, which often helps to identify people with common names.

Comment

Am I being dense here? I've never purchased anything from Deceased Online but they've just put a load of Cheshire ones on there and some of OH's family come up. The price to view a burial or cremation scan seems to be £1.50 plus another £1.50 if you want grave details - that doesn't seem that expensive especially when some authorities charge much more than that to do a search. Or have I got the prices wrong?
                    Jackie

Comment

What a great find, Linda.

Thanks for that site tip too!

Comment

No, that's right, if I remember correctly; it just comes expensive if you have quite a few people to search for.

Comment

Well done Linda I bet you are excited!!!!! Good luck finding the stone

Steven

Comment

Working...
                          X