Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Durrant -Turweston, Buckinghamshire - 18th & 19th century - brick wall!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durrant -Turweston, Buckinghamshire - 18th & 19th century - brick wall!!

Hi all
    I hunting for information about John or any of the Durrants from this area of Bucks - north Bucks near the border with Northampton. John was married to Sarah and had 3 children between 1840 and 1846. Then he disappears. I can't find a death and on the 1851 census he isn't listed with the family. However - it is highly likely that he is the John Durrant that turns up in Wales throughout the 1850's and on the 1861 census. He appears to be married to Maria Rowe and they have numerous children. I can't find a marriage cert for these two. Family stories do tell of a 'bigamist' and in the 1871 census this John states he came from 'Turweston'.

If any of this rings any bells then I would love to hear from you. John and Sarah's children - Anne, Edwin, John and Maria's childrens - Caroline Elizabeth, Eliza Jane, Mary Ann, Matilda, Leah Nora, Amelia, Sarah Alice.

Thanks Helen Morgan nee Durrant

Hello Helen,

welcome to the forum, could I ask when John was born please? and what was his occupation please?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

oh and do you subscribe to Ancestry or FMP at all
      Julie

Comment

presumably you know that there were more children after Sarah Alice.. on the 1871 cens.
        Julie

Comment

Hi
          The only possible match is an entry in the turweston register for 1815, but his age varies - on the 1861 he would have been born 10 years later. He was a brick maker. I subscribe to fmp and sometimes use ancestry on a pay as u go basis. Its the lack of marriage cert to his 'wife' maria rowe that bugs me. Thanks for your interest if you have any info or pointers I would be grateful.

Thanks Helen

Comment

hi again Julie
            yes I did know about the others.

Comment

Working...
            X