Ireland marriage certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ireland marriage certificate

Can anyone tell me where I can get a Irish marriage certificate? Marriage took place in County Galway in 1874 & is in Ancestry’s Ireland Civil Registration database. Can someone send the best website to purchase certificate. And what is the cost of certificate?

I don’t want to buy some certificates & then find out I could get them cheaper elsewhere. (like on GRO & Ancestry’s fee for the same).

I have looked on familysearch- marriage not found.

Cheers
    Kerri
    South Australia
    Last edited by Kerri from Aus; 22-02-12, 00:16.

the irish GRO, but you have to download a form and send it in. cheques, but also your credit card details too i think.

Comment

I have just been reading the form & it says that the date of marriage (dd/mm/yyyy) must be completed. But thats what Im looking for. How do you work around this??
      Kerri

Comment

Have you tried this site
        Search Irish Family History records online: parish registers; church records; Roman Catholic and Protestant. Irish Family History Foundation online research service for the 32 county genealogy centres throughout Ireland. Largest online Irish Genealogy records database for 32 counties. Ireland ancestry, baptismal, birth, marriage, death, census, gravestone, Griffith Valuations, Tithes, ships passenger lists records. Family History research provided by centres.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerri from Aus View Post
          I have just been reading the form & it says that the date of marriage (dd/mm/yyyy) must be completed. But thats what Im looking for. How do you work around this??
          Kerri
          You just give them the details you have. You can order by phone so that might be easier to explain what you are looking for.

Margaret

Comment

Working...
          X