Looking for ancestors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for ancestors

Hello everybody my name is Derks Marie-Josee,everybody just calls me Josee,i live in Belgium and i am in search for my englisch relatives.
    My grandmother on my mothers side was Violet Whitehouse,they lived in the Birmingham areas.My grandmother was born in 1900 her parents were Benjamin Whitehouse and Emma Whitehouse(born Tyler)the siblings that i now of are Daisy,Rose,May and William born 1898 and he is the one i am looking for.
    As i just recently heard that there were in total 10children but only 5 survived.
    I do have a lot of information going back to the 1700,the one i am looking for is William,my grandmothers brother,adresses that i have found are,summer lane and others.The link with Belgium is my grandfather on my mothers side was a Belgian souldier in the WW1,he was wounded somewhere in the flanders and taken to England for treatment,were he found my grandmother Violet and rest is a love story witch has brought my grandmother to Belgium.My mother and her elder sister were also born in England.
    If there is anybody with intrest i would be happy to give more information.

Contact details removed.

Sorry Josee, I have removed the contact details, as we do not allow these to be posted on the forum. Members can contact you through the private messaging system. Caroline.

I have found them, I think, in the 1901 census in Birmingham - is the family below the correct one?
    Benjamin, 39
    Emma, 36
    May 14
    Rose ?11
    Daisy 6
    William 3
    Violet 6 months
    Last edited by herky; 21-02-12, 15:15.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Sorry Josee - I have just had a look for possible deaths for William but unfortunately there are too many possibles to hazzard a guess which one might be the right one. Unless of course you know of any marriage, children etc?
      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 21-02-12, 16:18.
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

This is the family in 1911

WHITEHOUSE, Benjamin Head Married M 50 1861 Nail Caster Birmingham
        WHITEHOUSE, Emma Wife Married 27 years F 46 1865 Florist A Fruiter Wolverhampton
        WHITEHOUSE, Daisy Daughter Single F 16 1895 Paper Box Maker Birmingham
        WHITEHOUSE, William Son Single M 14 1897 Birmingham
        WHITEHOUSE, Violet Daughter Single F 11 1900 Birmingham

Reference: RG14PN18092 RG78PN1097 RD384 SD3 ED32 SN102

Address:
        82 Summer Lane Birmingham County:
        Warwickshire

Comment

The 1911 shows there had been 10 children born by that time of which 5 had died.

Margaret

Comment

Hello Chrissie,
            Thank you for your answer,i do have a possible marrige but i am not certain that this is correct,the marrige was in 1919 to a Lily Mason daughter of Thomas Mason,that is al i now.

Greetings from Belgium

Comment

This is indeed the family,thank you for your reply.

Greetings from Belgium

Comment

Hello Margaret,

On this list May and Rose are missing,they lived to a fairly high age that i now,because every several years one of the sisters came to Belgium to visit my grandmother and i remember seing them during these vissits.
                And the adress is same as on my mothers birth certificate,she was born 21-05-1921,so i think that my grandparents were living in the same house.

Greetings from Belgium

Josee

Comment

So are you looking for just William after 1911- you appear to have all other info back centuries, so are you in fact looking for any living relatives descended from William?

Comment

Hello Heather,
                    Thats right,te last information abouth William is a possible marrige in 1919 to a Lily Mason, i think he died somewhere in the late 50's as i can read in letters send to my grandmother by her family.
                    Because William being the only son he is the only one that could keep the name Whitehouse going.And as it is not so easy to search not being a UK resident i am searching already a long time.

Greetings from Belgium

Josee

Comment

I've just looked for May and Rose in 1911 but neither are coming up under the surname Whitehouse.

Both would have been working by then and/or married. Do you know anything about them?

Margaret

Comment

There are 10 names on the birth index from 1919 to 1927 for Whitehouse with mother's maiden name of Mason in the Birmingham area.

If you have access to ancestry you can see this list and maybe start to eliminate them as from your family.

Have you tried to get the marriage certificate for William and Lily Mason as that would confirm if it is the right one.

Margaret

Comment

Long shot here.
                          There is a William Whitehouse bc 1897, England with a wife called Lily in the 1930 census, sailed to US in 1923.
                          Will see what more info I can find out.
                          Last edited by herky; 22-02-12, 12:33.
                          herky
                          Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Does the address 30 Hillside Road, Birmingham, mean anything to you?
                            The William and Lily in the 1930 US census are returning to UK in 1933 and give that address as proposed address.
                            Last edited by herky; 22-02-12, 12:33.
                            herky

Comment

To add - the eldest child of the couple om the incoming passenger list is called William and he is b c 1920 - so that would be good for a 1919 marriage - but then again I could be on the totally wrong track.
                              What does anyone think?
                              herky

Comment

Right - I have now found a 1924 passenger list - Lilly Whitehouse has a contact listed as her Father - Mr S Mason, 1 Rockery St., Wolverhampton.
                                This is just Lilly and the children, William must have gone ahead.
                                If you want any more info and the images then let me know.
                                Last edited by herky; 22-02-12, 12:53.
                                herky

Comment

Also to add that the Lilly Whitehouse in the 1930 US census give her birth year as c1922 and this would match the Lilly with MMN Mason in the Wolverhampton birth index.
                                  herky

Comment

All that looks really plausible Herky - well done. Let's hope the address you found means something.

Margaret

Comment

Many thanks to everyone,you have al given me so match information in a few days that i did not now of,that wil keep me going for some time.
                                      I wil keep on searching for William and his decendants,if there is anynone whit some intrest in the ancestors of William i wil happy to provide it.

Greetings from Belgium,

Josee

Comment

Yes i do have some information abouth them ,
                                        May;born in 1887
                                        Rose;born in1890
                                        this is information from a household transcription from 1901 census ,at this time they lived in 262 Lawley Street Aston.

Comment

Working...
                                        X