Death in Canterbury, 1861

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death in Canterbury, 1861

Benjamin Stephen Pidduck died in June Q 1861 in Canterbury. I am trying to find out his age, so as to see whether it is the one I want. Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

there is no age given for the one in 1861

there is however a Benjamin Stephen Pidduck born 1856 died October 1885 in Canterbury Kent. aged 29

Comment

The one born in 1856 is (hopefully) the son of the one who died in 1861. I didn't have that he died in 1885 though, so thank you for that!
      Linda

Comment

Just looking around for cemeteries in Canterbury and found this http://www.machadoink.com/Cemeteries.htm might be worth a look. Also try the council website as they sometimes have records online.

Nothing showing on the Parish Records of burials I searched.
        Margaret

Comment

Am I right in thinking his wife was Sarah (nee Cocks) a Toll Collector? Might be worth searching the local newspapers at www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/
          People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
          Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

Yes, at least I think that's the marriage. Didn't think of looking in the archives. Off for a rummage.
            Linda

Comment

And does your library allow you access to the Times Digital Archive, or the British Library C19th Century Newspaper Collection? Our Hertfordshire one does - from home - using my library number as a password.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
              X