Northants lookups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northants lookups

Has anybody got Northants CDs & would be willing to do a couple of lookups, please ? (Can't find them in the usual sources, but tell me to ??? off because they're there if anyone can see them). It would be around the Titchmarsh area. I've got the details of my gggg grandmother & 2 of her brothers baptised there. I did make contact with someone who was researching the same family name in the area & it turned out that it was the same family. She hadn't got my Titchmarsh information but she'd got details of other children (ie my gggg grandmother's other siblings) baptised in a neighbouring village & also details of their parents' wedding (&, also, I think, of their father's birth, but, after that, the Northants trail goes cold). She took my information but removed hers before I had time to copy it down & hasn't replied to my emails since !

Unfortunately, I don't think I can get Northants CDs yet for my Mac, but I don't want to freeload on anyone...if anyone can help & is going to a meet etc, I'd be happy to send the establishment money for some drinks

Hi Grey
    How far back do you need to go?
    Baptisms 1813-1844 on FreeREG Titchmarsh.
    Burials 1813-1933 Titchmarsh on NBI I can do look ups if it helps.
    If you give me the names of neighbouring villages I can see if they are covered in the NBI.
    Moggie

Comment

Thanks very much for offering to help, Moggie. My gggg grandmother was Elizabeth Barfield/Barefield & she was baptised in Titchmarsh on 9 April 1792. Her brother, George, was baptised there in 1794 & there was also another, younger, brother, Samuel, baptised there. The parents were Thomas & Mary Barfield/Barefield. I think the children baptised in Titchmarsh were the older ones & then there were 3 or 4 more baptised in a nearby village.....unfortunately,, I can't remember its name & it's not an area I know. It would be nice to have the details of the other children but more important would be the marriage of Thomas & Mary & Thomas' baptism, which this other person (a descendant of one of the children born in the "other village") said she had. She said she hadn't been able to get back beyond that.

Comment

Nothing showing up for a Thomas or Mary Barfield/Barefield in the NBI for Northants in the time frame that I would have expected to find them. Sorry.
        Moggie

Comment

Thanks, Moggie. Neither of us had been able to find their deaths. I do know that their daughter (my gggg grandmother, Elizabeth) moved to Leicester & I suspect a Samuel Barfield/Barefield who married in Packington, Leics, was her brother, but I don't know about the others or whether Thomas & Mary moved from Northants before their deaths.

Comment

I shall be going to the CRO some time this week, friday PM possibly. Will have a squint

Thrapston is a possibilty
            Last edited by Jessbowbag; 21-02-12, 14:00.
            Jess

Comment

Thanks very much Jess. I know it wasn't Thrapston,.....(at least for the baptisms of the other children) because I'd heard of Thrapston & it wasn't anywhere I'd heard of

Comment

Before I go, can you recall where the other place name was? Was it close to Titchmarsh or further away?
                Jess

Comment

It was fairly near to Titchmarsh....I know that. Please don't go to any great lengths.

Comment

Working...
                  X