Scottish records anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish records anyone?

Does anyone have access to the Scottish Ancestry records please?

My Aunt Arrabella McNamee from Glasgow married to Charlie Lynch who I believe was an Irishman. I have this information from a relative but she doesn't know anything about Charles Lynch or the children which we think there was/is 4.

Aunt.....ARABELLA GRAHAM MCNAMEE, b. 11 Sep 1918, Glasgow, Scotland; d. 15 Jun 1990, Glasgow, Scotland ,
    Kirkintilloch Hospital.

One daughter is/was (name removed possible living person) LYNCH, b. 1948; m. ? GAULEY.

Can anyone help shed any light on this please. I have Ancestry UK but not the Scottish one.

I would be grateful for any help.

Regards jonsbird
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 19-02-12, 08:43. Reason: name removed of possible living person

You might need Scotlands People

You need to buy credits to get the images and expand on the results you get. Have a look around that site. It is very good.

Comment

Scottish BMDs are on this site http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/ only It is pay per view for BMDs and census starting with 1911 but as you person was born 1918 and the marriage and children are much later all you can find is BMDs.

Have you tried looking for a tree on ancestry? or elsewhere?

Margaret

Comment

There is an entry for Arrabella on ancestry's One World Tree http://awtc.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi might be worth contacting the owner if it is not the person you are already in touch with.

Margaret
        Last edited by margaretmarch; 19-02-12, 09:39.

Comment

Can anyone help me please....DavieOrr has contacted me via PM proving he is a distant relative of my Sottish family. I have composed a reply but for some reason

I am getting this message.....DavieOrr has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her. can anyone help me contact him please. Thankyou.

Comment

He is a new member who only joined today.
            A new registration needs to be accepted by one of the admin team before the member has full access to the forum, including the PM facility.
            I have just accepted his registration, so if you try to send the message again it should go through. Let me know if it continues to be a problem.
            Elaine

Comment

Thank You Elaine.

Comment

Working...
              X