Beccavblack -thankyou - good news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beccavblack -thankyou - good news

This is a message and info for member Beccavblack.....the message you sent me - it is about a TV programme being made about the Kincora ship which sank in 1901 off the coast of Ireland...the man you put me in touch with is a professional diver - and there are 2 sisters making a film about the ship and its crew who died 111 years ago...evidently they have been trying for months to contact me and only through your contact I would never have known...my G G Grandfather was one of the casualties on that ship and the 2 sisters and the diver had tried and tried to contact me....my gg grandads name was Carl Freidrich Sacht and he was born in Heligoland in 1846....so they were at a loss finding descendants....little did they know he married a Garston girl ...and they produced loads of Scousers down the line.....so thank you Rebecca...I really appreciate your contact , and if you want me to , I will keep you up to date with the filming...
    YOU`RE A STAR....cheers....Allan;);)
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

how exciting Allan

Comment

Alan what a wonderful story keep us informed to how it goes as it is really interesting

Edna

Comment

Cheers Val....the Oceanic crashed into the SS Kincora 8/8/1901 in thick fog - The Oceanic crew rescued all but 7 ...unfortunately my gg grandfather was one of the casualties...I am looking forward to seeing the film...it`s only 30 minutes long , but it`s still nice they are doing a tribute to those men...I have only had a quick e-mail reply off the sisters , but I am presuming that one of their ancestors was a casualty as well ..not sure...anyway....something to look forward too....allan
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

History comes alive - how fantastic. Nice also to think that someone thinks of those men that died
          Jess

Comment

Might be an idea to send a PM in case the member is not active at the moment, so they get an email telling them of your message.
            Margaret

Comment

How very exciting. And thank you for sharing the good news!

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Would love to see the programme..perhaps you can let us know when it finally comes on

Linda

Comment

I have been invited over to Wexford ,Ireland to be filmed in an interview about Carl at the end of March - ...and ironically my son /wife and 3 children live in a town at the bottom of the Wicklow mountains...my 16yr old grandaughter speaks fluent Irish and has been invited as well...she is excited...and so am I ...I will keep you up to date if you wish me to....thanx for all your replies and good wishes....allan
                  ADDED...might be a bit of a problem watching the programme.
                  it is on TG4 which is an Irish speaking proramme...the programme is called COGAR which means "Listen to this "...so that`s why my grandaughter is helping....so although I will be filmed - I won`t understand a word ...lol...ah well - as Jessbowbag has stated ....it`s nice they remember the 7 dead 111 years after their sad death....
                  Last edited by garstonite; 21-02-12, 14:45.

Comment

Just to update...Well, we actually filmed in Dublin Custom Quay and the 2 sisters absolutely shocked me...
                    After 4 hours of filming they produced a Death Certificate and a Coroners Report...here`s the shock
                    Carl Freidrich Sacht body was washed ashore 22 days later on 28th August 1901 in a place named Fethard on Sea which is in County Wexford on an area known as the Hook...his body was badly decomposed and 2 days later a Coroners inquest was held and because of Artifacts in his pockets ( penknife/pipe/tobacco/etc )it was confirmed it was Carl Freidrich Sacht...The White Star Line and the Waterford Steamship Company both agreed that Mrs Sacht of 135 Byron Street, Garston, Liverpool should be contacted and that the body was to be disinfected regularly to try and conserve it...
                    Well we will never know whether Mary Sacht was ever contacted - but my father and grandfather were always told he was "Lost at Sea"..So...he is buried at Fethard on Sea and my dads cousin and myself are going to Fethard to put a little flower urn and some flowers on his grave...after all - I don`t think one single member of his family have ever been to his grave...so Fethard has a population of 253 and 111 years ago a man named Mr Neville found my gg grandfather on the beach...and the pub in Fethard has been owned for over 100 years by - the Neville family...I can`t thank RoseAnn and Catherine Foley enough ..these are the 2 sisters from TG4 who had done all the research...and found Carls Coroners Report...so May 26th -28th I`m off to Fethard on Sea to meet up with my long lost g g grandfather...allan

Comment

oh thats wonderful Allan, you must be chuffed to bits that you have at last found his final resting place.
                      Julie
                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

WHat a remarkable story! Congratulations - and thank you for keeping us all up-to-date on teh outcome.

Christine
                        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

What an interesting story, made really fascinating reading

Linda

Comment

You must be so pleased at the outcome of all this, quite amazing.

Comment

That's fantastic, Allan.

Comment

Going 30th April until 2nd May now as the TV Company have saked for those dates...flights all booked...I`ll let you know the outcome...allan
                                Last edited by garstonite; 06-04-12, 08:35.

Comment

Please do...and some photos if possible

Linda
                                  Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 08-04-12, 16:25.

Comment

just an update
                                    the programme is being shown on TG4 in Ireland on
                                    4th November at 9m
                                    5th November 8pm ( repeat )
                                    there is a programme about the accident and my GG Grandfather tomorrow morning on RTE1 at 9am by Catherine Foley , who is the TV Presenter for the film ...
                                    allan

Comment

this is a little snip of the collision and the producer is about to send me a link to watch the programme being shown 4th nov 9pm and repeated 5th november 8pm ...I will post the link when it comes
                                      allan

Comment

Show Details

Hi Allan,

I hope you well. We have a date from TG4 for the airing of the program, it is the 4/11/12 @ 21:30 & 5th of November at 20:00. I think you will be able to get it on the TG4 website, this is the link.http://www.tg4.ie/ie/tg4-player.html

The program is called Kincora and it is under the Cogar series title.

If I get in touch with the Liverpool newspapers, would you be prepared to give an interview? The reporter in Wexford sent the pictures on to us and I have attached them here.

I will send the reports as soon as I can.

Best wishes
                                        RoseAnn

hope this shows the link ok...
                                        allan

Comment

Working...
                                        X